Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    courtney9339 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 06:38 PM
    How do I tell my mom I want my boyfriend and I to move in together in my house?
    I recently found out I was pregnant, I'm 15. My boyfriend is 19. He's going to stand beside me, I'm positive he will. We've been together for a little over 9 months. When I told my mother I was pregnant, she was asking smart attitude questions like: You guys can just move into our house if you want to, I'm not going to kick you out? Are you guys just going to get married? I don't know how to take what she's saying. I told my boyfriend what she said, and he said that'd be the best thing to do. :/ Was she serious, or just having an attitude because she was upset with me? HELP!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 06:47 PM

I don't know if your mother was serious but why would you say she has a smart attitude? I think she might be a little disappointed and you wanting your boyfriend to move in with you might not be the best idea. Right now you have to worry about the baby growing inside you and figure out how your going support the baby just in the case the father bail out. I hope he does do the right thing but you always need a plan B.

You need to go to have a serious talk with your mom and I must ask where does yoour boyfriend stay now because why does he thinks moving in with you right now is the best thing?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 07:07 PM

First it is not a good idea, if you want to talk about stress, next what would be the rent agreement of him and you paying mom for living there.

He should consider getting his own place and if anything you moving in with him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2010, 07:15 PM

He also needs to consider that he may be guilty of statutory rape.
    courtney9339 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 02:51 PM

Like, she's the one who said it. We talked about it this morning again though. She's considering it. I mean, he can't just up and buy a place. But she also did say, if he did get a place, I could move with him. I also found out today, he gave up 5 scholarships to play football on. It's really stressful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 18 and I want to move out, can my mom do anything to stop me? [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: So basically I am 18 but I still don't know if I am allowed to move out? My mom scares me so I don't just want to spring it all on her or she will go ballistic on me, so what should I do? I want to move in with my best friend...

Ca Mom wants to move out of state [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I appreciate any info that anyone can share with me. I am a mom that wants to relocate with my 5 yr old daughter this June from California to Northern Louisiana.The father sees her every other weekend, has never taken advantage of the Wednesday night visitation he legally has, and other than...

Move back with mom [ 18 Answers ]

Hi! I'm erica. I have resntly {5 months ago} moved from Michigan to Missouri to live with my dad because my mom gave up custuty of me because of my drug and alchohal use. Since then I have cleaned up and I go to rehab twice a week. I hate my dad and he has told me he doesnn't like me. In those...

Son owns house, mom lives there; won't get financing OR move! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question: My husband bought a house in 1997, completely on his own - The mortgage / deed / taxes are all in his name ONLY. His mother was supposed to get her credit straightened out and get financing to get the house out of his name. It is now 11 years later, and she will not get off...

Boyfriend will not move out.My mother owns the house! [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend won't move out... My Mother owns the house, and we live in one of the apartments... he has been telling me that she cannot evict him without evicting me also... which doesn't make much sense to me at all! There is no lease, we pay month to month (since I'm family and all). So what I'm...

View more questions Search