Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Pain killer medication
    I would like someone to tell me the emotional and physical effects of pain killers. I believe someone I love is doing them and has been for awhile.

Has anyone on this site had an addiction to painkillers (vicodin) without being prescribed them? If so, can you please tell me how you felt emotionally and physically? Did you notice changes within yourself after a couple months of using the drug?

I appreciate your feedback!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 08:01 PM

When the addiction to pain killers is acute after a few months or years or use the person's personality certainly does change a lot. They can become very moody, restless, curt, nasty, short tempered and downright ugly at times. And then when they have their "fix" of the nonprescribed drugs they can be wonderfully loving, etc. It all depends on just what drug the person is taking.

Vicodin is one where the person gets moody, restless, curt, nasty, short tempered and downright ugly at times when they don't have their fix. It's one of those drugs that essentially shuts out all other people from the user's life in one form or another.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    When the addiction to pain killers is acute after a few months or years or use the person's personality certainly does change a lot. They can become very moody, restless, curt, nasty, short tempered and downright ugly at times. And then when they have their "fix" of the nonprescribed drugs they can be wonderfully loving, etc. It all depends on just what drug the person is taking.

Vicodin is one where the person gets moody, restless, curt, nasty, short tempered and downright ugly at times when they don't have their fix. It's one of those drugs that essentially shuts out all other people from the user's life in one form or another.
    Thank you twinkiedooter. I got my answer yesterday and my hunch was right. He has been an abuser for a year, so he says. I know it has been longer. I feel like a fool because I hadn't noticed sooner. It never occurred to me that his mood swings, excessive sleeping, constant headaches and nasuea, low libido and being nasty towards me had all to do with narcotics. I thought it was us a couple, not him. Was I wrong. Now I am torn and don't know what to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OTC pain medication [ 9 Answers ]

I suffered a dog bite at work yesterday, that tore the skin and punctured quite deep. It's at the site of a joint so it's quite painful. I was just curious as to what may be the best over the counter pain medication to get? I live in Canada.

Will the pain killer effects my baby of 5 week [ 1 Answers ]

Hai friends , I need your help to solve my confusion. I found yesterday that I am pregnant for my 2nd bab and running 5th week. Instead of becoming happy I started to worry :mad: as I have taken pain killer and antibiotics when my wisdom teeth was removed 10 days before. By any way will it...

What kind of pain killer do they give you after you deliver? [ 5 Answers ]

It it typically like a patch or... what? I have no clue.

Pain medication and acid reflux [ 4 Answers ]

I've had some stomach problems in the past months. One time my stomach burned for like a whole week straight. Until I finally went to the doctor and they gave me some medication for acid. It went away in a couple days. Then I thought it was gone for good, until a couple months later it started...

View more questions Search