Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zitopeter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Hampton ceiling fan light problem
    We have a hampton ceiling fan with a hand held remote, I just went out and bought a light kit for then fan. I hooked it up black to black white to white very easy. The problem I'm having is, The fan and light is powered on by 1 switch on the wall, I turn the switch on and can work the light and fan with the remote. So I keep the light on with the remote and turn off with switch on wall, problem is if left off for 5 seconds light will not switch back on unless you use the remote, But you are able to on off on off on off with the wall switch and it works that way unless left off for longer then 5 seconds.
    Each bedroom has a fan, and each room has 2 wall switches one for fan one for light,, all except the master bed room with the remote hunter, does have 2 but only one is working the fan. Help
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 01:29 AM
    I don't see anything wrong, it sounds like it's working as it's supposed to. What is your question?
    Zitopeter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 07:21 PM
    Sorry for the confusion, So if the fan light is on and I'm walking out of the room and turn it off at the switch on the wall it will go off. When I walk back into the room the light will not come on unless I press the light button on the remote.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2006, 06:32 PM
    Yes. You're not supposed to control the fan with the wall switch, only the remote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan-light works-fan doesn't [ 6 Answers ]

I installed a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan outdoors and the light works from a wall switch but the fan doesn't work at all. There is a white, black, red and ground wire coming from the ceiling. There is a white, black, black/white stripe (light) and green ground coming from the fan. I attached...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light problem [ 7 Answers ]

My wife and I are experiencing troubles with the lighting part of our Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The bulbs that came with the unit (at least we think they came with it) seemed OK but one bulb burnt out prematurely. We just thought that maybe it was defective. We then changed the bulbs to and when we...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Light Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had an experienced/liscensed electrician install a Hampton Bay Redington IV ceiling fan in my home. I did switch the lights to On and the fan to Hi before using the remote. The fan works fine and I can adjust speeds and turn the fan on and off with no problem. But the lights will only go...

View more questions Search