Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RCookrc545454 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 05:22 PM
    2007 masda 6 replacing front pads
    My sons 2007 Masda 6 needs front pads. Is there anything tricky? I've never messed with a masda and was concerned about ABS. I was planning on backing out the bleeder nut before compression to keep from backflow? Does this sound right? Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:24 PM

There's nothing tricky. This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1618425

Yes, removing the cover to the master cylinder or opening the brake bleeder screw, prior to using the brake pad spreader, is necessary. Some recommend changing the brake fluid, prior to changing the pads. This is to prevent crud from being forced back into the ABS reservoir and modulator. Since I change my brake fluid every 24 months, I don't worry about this.
    RCookrc545454 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 05:33 PM

Awesome, Thanks again TX!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tools needed to replace brake pads 2007 camry se [ 8 Answers ]

Are there any special tool required to replace rear brake pads and or rotors on a 2007 Toyota Camry SE 6cyl. Didn't know if I needed anything special to colapse the pistons to replace the pads. Thanks, Craig

How to remove the front panel of a maytag washer front loader [ 0 Answers ]

Have a model 2400aww maytag front load washer. How do I remove the front panel or what is the best access to the drain pump?

1995 f150 v8 5.0 can't get front fuel pump in front tank to come on [ 6 Answers ]

1995 f150 v8 5.0, dual tanks- front tank doesn't work, gauge works fine w/ booth tanks, I used a test light to see if the pump was getting power and it was for about 3 seconds after I would turn on the key then I quit, since it got power and the pump never came on I replace the pump, but nothing...

The cost of replacing 1 front door window [ 1 Answers ]

I need too know how much it would cost to replace 1 12" by 12" window in a front door... how much the window would cost... I plan on fixing it myself... I really need the help to find out how much it would cost thanks... :(

Husband on H1, wife arrived in feb 2007 on H4, converted to F1 in Fall 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was on H1 visa for the entire period of 2007 and I got married in Jan 2007 in India and came back with my wife in Feb 2007. She came on H4 visa and then started her masters on H4 visa and got it converted to F1 status here in the US itself. She has been working on campus since Sep...

View more questions Search