Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    8below1994 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 04:45 PM
    How do ions impact a river/bay?---?
    I can't figure out how it would affect a river/bay.

3 examples... paragraph?

Any help is the best help! :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 05:34 PM

Are you sure the question isn't about EONS as in a great number of years ? I can see how a great number of years would effect a river/bay area, as in the Nile Delta, but not IONS which means, I think, a minuscule particle.

Anyway, 8below, we don't do homework assistance. It is quite clear in the forum basics, which you should read asap.

Tick
    8below1994 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 05:51 PM

What are you talking about? Its ions... and there is no research on this stuff online... and this is not homework. I am doing this for my own knowledge.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 10:17 PM

It is on line, you just have to look in the right places. Ion particles in sediment, I think is what you were trying to get across, but you didn't have the right verbage. Oh, yes, that topic will come up in every day conversation. Now you can look it up yourself on line.

Tick
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 12:26 AM

I don't know either what the question is asking for exactly, but I have one thing to suggest.

You have the ions and in the sea and those account for its saltiness. If sea water was suddenly replaced by fresh water (containing less of these ions), many organisms would die because of it. (the 'why' part of it is more about biology and homeostasis)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For every mole of Pb+2 ions that are formed, how many moles of Cl- ions are formed? [ 1 Answers ]

PbCl2(s) = Pb+2(aq) + 2Cl -(aq). For every mole of Pb+2 ions that are formed, how many moles of Cl- ions are formed? I know the Atomic weight is 35.45 but how do you change grams to moles?

Dissociation of ions [ 4 Answers ]

Determine the number of ions produced on the dissociation of the compound listed. CaCl2 BaS CaO

-ve Ions [ 5 Answers ]

:) hi.. You know where i can perchase the negative ion shower.. :confused: Please supply me with advice. Thanks

Atoms, ions etc. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, We're studying something about monatomic ions, but first of all I'd like to ask something about ions in general. Now I'm not so sure what an ion is, am I correct in thinking that an ion is an atom that has lost or gained an electron? In that case it would be different than an...

Atoms and ions [ 1 Answers ]

If neutral atoms become positive atoms do they gain or lose electrons?

View more questions Search