Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Jan 12, 2010, 01:19 PM
    Long shower arm
    I'd like to put a 10" or 12" shower arm on a shower I built. The arm is secured by a drop eared ell that is screwed to 2x4 blocking. The arm will hold a standard shower head.

Is this okay or do the longer arms need a special attachment behind the wall?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2010, 01:33 PM

I don't think you would need any special support, open the link below and it shows some of the 12” arms, Thanks.

John

12" long shower arm - Google Product Search
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 04:26 PM

Agree with afaroo, you should be fine using existing drop eared ell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower arm flange [ 10 Answers ]

My carpenter made a mistake and cut the hole for the shower arm too large. I've been trying to find an oversize (3") shower arm flange to cover it but can't find one. Are there any suggestions as to how I can cover up this mistake.

Replacing a shower arm [ 0 Answers ]

I want to take my old shower arm out but don't know how. After taking it out I want to put a new one in. Will this be complicated, will I need a plumber or is this something I can Install on my own, One person??

New shower arm installation. [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new shower arm. It screws into a cpvc fitting in the wall and I can't rotate it so it faces downward when it bottoms out inside the fitting. I added an extra layer of teflon tape but it still faces upward. How many layers of teflon tape can I add. I have used 3 layers so far. I am...

Old shower arm [ 5 Answers ]

I'm having a difficult time taking off an old ball type end shower arm. I tried twisting it off with a wrench and I'm afraid that I'm going to break the pipe off the wall. Is there a way to check that the this old ball type end shower arm is screwed in or if the shower arm attached or is there a...

View more questions Search