Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smith12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 05:47 PM
    Girlfriend's name on deed. Splitting up... does she get profit on house sell?
    Bought house and put girlfriend's name on deed but not mortgage. I have made all of the house payments. After 4 years living in house with her.. we are splitting. Will she get any profit from house sale?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 09:35 AM

Hello S:

Sure. She owns HALF of it.

It's worse than that, though. IF you happen to be upside down in your house, YOU'RE going to owe the bank the difference - NOT her.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you sell a house if one or the other on the deed doesn't agree with it? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about selling a home... my friends mom and dad are married and both on the title/deed of the house, but his dad thinks that he can sell the house without the permission of his wife and thinks that she has no say in it at all. Is this true? Can he still legaly put the house on the...

Buyer wanting to sell house while in a Contract for Deed [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I spent 2 months waiting for the buyer of my home to get his loan, then he wasn't approved. Now I'm 2 months behind on my mortgage, am facing the dreaded 90 past due (and foreclosure) without any time to get a new buyer to get money to the mortgage company. So I decided to do a...

Sell My House, Then Buy It Back Contract for Deed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who offered to buy my house, to help me avoid bankruptcy, then sell it back to me contract for deed all in the same transaction. Is that legal? If yes, what needs to be done to guarantee I get my house back, and my friend is not stuck with it?

I'm moving out of my girlfriend's and my house [ 1 Answers ]

I need to move out of a leased home shared by my girlfriend and myself. We share the rent and the lease is in both of our names. The utilities are in my name only but before I call and have the service stopped, I want to make sure that giving her two weeks notice is enough time. I do not want to...

Different size down payments-splitting house sale proceeds -- VA [ 4 Answers ]

My (former) girlfriend and I are joint owners of a house in VA. I made a much larger down payment, but the title/deed does not specify unequal ownership. The relationship is now so unpleasant that I want to sell it, probably at a loss. How will the (losing) sale proceeds be split between us,...

View more questions Search