Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadyHawke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 10:31 AM
    None payment of child support can daughter get him to sing his rights away as a fathe
    My daughter and her husband divorced in Nov. he left here and the 2 children to live with another woman in Aug. He has now moved from Ark. To TX and says that he can't pay $105.00 a week for support and she suggested that he sign his rights away and he wants to, so how do they do that with a judgement for child support in effect?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2010, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHawke View Post
    My daughter and her husband divorced in Nov. he left here and the 2 children to live with another woman in Aug. He has now moved from Ark. to TX and says that he can't pay $105.00 a week for support and she suggested that he sign his rights away and he wants to, so how do they do that with a judgement for child support in effect??
    There is a Sticky at the top of the Family Law thread which outlines termination of parental rights:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html

If there is not another party willing to adopt the children, then odds are the courts will not allow him to relinquish his rights.

Your daughter's options are to agree to accept a lesser amount of child support from him, or to stay with the current agreement. If he does not pay, the state will go after him in numerous ways: suspending his driver's license, intercepting his tax return, contacting his employer to have them withhold, and ultimately, issuing a warrant for failure to pay support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determining Last Child Support Payment When Child is 18 and Graduate High School [ 5 Answers ]

My step-son is 18 and will graduate high school on 6/18. We have him full time. My husband's ex pays $1,204 per month (payable half on the 1st and half on the 15th via wage garnishment.) It is my position that she has to pay the entire month's worth ($1204) because his graduation is after...

Child support payment [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying this to see if if I can get any answers before calling my child support agency in the county of Wisconsin where my case resides. Mostly because I feel they are not cooperative and seemingly one sided. I can't afford my monthly payments right now, not that I don't want to pay and...

Child Support And Rights To My Daughter [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 2 years old. Her father has never paid me a penny for child support nor has he ever wanted to see her. He hasn't even asked to see a picture. The last time I talked to him, he was threatening me and telling me how he was unstable and wanted to die, etc. He isn't on the birth...

Child support payment [ 9 Answers ]

I have been paying child support for 3 children for 17 years two boys 17 and one girl 13 I have fallen behind by one month on my child support due to lack of funds now I lost my job 3 years ago and still paid my child support for those three years doing odd jobs. Now I do not owe the state any back...

Social Work-Child Residence Programs-Role of Fathe [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is an MSW and is the Residence Manager at a home for troubled children. The programs she manages within the residential setting are: Residential Treatment, Family Therapy, Parent Group, Continuing Service (after the child leaves the residence), School Advocacy and Psychiatric...

View more questions Search