Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joseclara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 06:58 PM
    between what numbers lies sqrt of 57
    this is one of my math problems '' between what two integers is the value of sqrt 57 ''
    I appreciate your help thank you.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2010, 03:42 AM

the value of sqrt 57 = 7.5498

So the answer is between 7 and 8.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2010, 09:08 AM

Do you know the list of the first 10 square numbers? If so, you should know that they are:

1, 4, 9, 16 ,25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100

Being the square of

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 respectively.

Well, 56 falls in between 49 and 64. What are the square roots of these numbers? They are 7 and 8 respectively.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

(5+sqrt(x))/(5x) how do I rationalize the numerator? [ 1 Answers ]

(5+sqrt(x))/(5x) how do I rationalize the numerator?

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

Letters are numbers and num lock off no numbers [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot get my hp pavilion notebook to respond, it started all of a sudden. When my num lock is on my letters on the keyboard turn into numbers... I=5 and so forth. Now when my num lock is off my keyboard works fine but I cannot use the number pad. I tried the fn key with almost every key on the...

BigDecimal Sqrt? [ 3 Answers ]

There seems to be know Sqrt method in the BigDecimal Class. They Do have a power method but the power method only takes ints. So I can't try and do something to the .5 or 1/2 power. Dose anyone know of any other way I can find sqrt using Java BigDecimal? Thanks

View more questions Search