Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heymrpaul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 10:40 PM
    US Dept of State M&IE Per diem allowance by majority shareholder in a CA C-corp
    I have a question about the use of US Dept. of State foreign per Diem for M&I expenses for my own use while on business abroad. (Foreign per diems from the Dept. of State website) I own 90% of the stock in a California C corp, and am the only employee. (The IRS considers me a personal services corporation). According to author Wayne M. Davies writing at (http://www.howtoadvice.com/WithoutReceipt) - bottom of page, I cannot use the per diem schedule as an employee working for my own personal services C-corporation. Is that so or is he mistaken? I have gotten contradictory information (from experts, CPA's and the IRS "experts") about this topic, and am truly confused.. I Hope someone who knows this topic can shed some light on this for me without equivocation. Thanks in advance :)
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 11, 2010, 10:07 AM
    I believe there ARE special rules if you are the majority owner of the corporation for which you work. You will have to claim your actual daily expenses as proven by receipts.

Sorry!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is per diem taxable when out of state working [ 1 Answers ]

This is my situation, I am working out of state and I am receiving $50 a day per diem for food, etc... is this taxable? I alos would like to know how much tax would be taken out of $3000?

What is the Difference between Corp to corp (C2C) & W2 & 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

What is difference between Corp to corp & W2 & 1099? Can anyone tell me? What its effects on Taxes? Reply me. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search