Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KieferDale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 06:08 PM
    Legacy garage door opener 696 cd/b
    The door opener does not travel fully when it tries to open or close using the door switch or using the remote even if it is not connected to the door. After several attempts, the door opener will fully open or close the door. I have adjusted the limit switch settings and the door travel does adjust to the changed settings. I unplugged the unit, waited and plugged it back in, but it did not correct the problem of disrupted travel. I removed the wall switch, used the remote control, and got the same results.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 06:12 PM

Have you checked track alaignment and also inspected the wheels for debris or failure? Most doors like that have an automatic torque setting so if something or someone is caught under the door it is supposed to retract from the direction of travel. If something is in the tracks preventing it or causing a high torque condition you will get the effect you are describing.
    pablocampos101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2013, 04:59 PM
    I need a new 696cd/b remote. Where can I buy one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door Opener Will Not Close Door. Light Is Flashing. [ 16 Answers ]

Garage door opener does not close door. Light is flashing and there no obstructions in sensors. Chester

Manual for 696CD/B legacy garage door opener [ 1 Answers ]

How do the wires go

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Legacy Garage Door Opener [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Would anyone know how to program the limits on a Legacy 696cd/b garage door opener? The unit works fine, except for the up & down limits, but the manual is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions? Thanks----------Dan

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search