Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handymanmike Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Sizing water radiators
    How do I know howmany feet of baseboard heater to place in a room ?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2006, 04:56 PM
    Try Burnham's boiler site, I think they have a design calculator. It is really more difficult than you think, A J-load calculation should be done for that room. However, you may be able to get close just using your square footage and average low temp's for your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Hot Water Radiators with Hot Water Baseboards [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hot water heating system with radiators, and I want to replace the radiators in the upstairs bathroom and bedrooms (2) with hot water baseboards. Can radiators and baseboards be mixed and if so, how do I determine the size of the baseboards?

Warm radiators when the heating is off, and hot water is on [ 0 Answers ]

Please Help, Does anyone know what the problem is with my central heating system. The radiators in the house are warm, but I have not been calling for central heating, only water. Radiators are warm both upstairs and down. I have a gas fired boiler down stairs in the kitchen and hot water...

Sizing Water Lines [ 3 Answers ]

Tom, It's me again. The guy finishing his basement. I've made it all the way to being ready to run water pipes for my basement bathroom and wet bar. Here's my question. Our house is about 3 years old and the builder or plumber was nice enough to stub out the water lines above where our...

Filling the radiators + high pressure in hot water system... => ? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, new house to my wife and I... we've had it less than a month and two days ago it was time to turn the heat on. This is an old hot water system, no pump (works by gravity) in a three story house. The radiator in the master bathroom wasn't full, so I tried to bleed it. Just a little air...

Radiators heat when only Hot water on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a newly installed Mains Pressure Hot Water Cylinder. When I turn on the hot water only; after about 15 minutes some radiators begin to heat. The plumber says this is backwash and I should turn the hot water off after 15 minures to solve the problem. I think in a new, modern system,...

View more questions Search