Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DRL Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 11:57 AM
    How can I hook up 2 1500 watt power inverters to produce 3000 watts
    How can I hook up 2 1500 watt power inverters to produce 3000 watts
    johnmprince Posts: 56, Reputation: 4

Jan 7, 2010, 12:01 PM

Need more information. Is this going to a single 3000 watt load? How is this being used?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2010, 02:00 PM

In general, no. Can't say for sure that there exists some that can though Xantrex Technology Inc. makes stae of the art stuff, so I would start there.

Some generators, such as those mamde by Honda have the capability to be paralled. It requires both output cables and a control cable. If I understand the control scheme correctly, one device would use a reference as the input and the other would use a divided down version of the output of the first device. This makes the first second device add current to the output, otherwise the power supplies would fight and the strongest one would win The other would let out the magic smoke and won't work anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 220 watt mackie power supply kept on blowing fuses were you plug in the power cord [ 2 Answers ]

My 220 watt mackie power supply kept on blowing fuses were you plug in the power cord.

Power inverters [ 6 Answers ]

I just purchased a pontoon boat, I want to use a inverter to power my little green machine To clean spills on carpet as they happen before stain can set the green machine pulls 3 amps. The inverter I looked at says 200 watt continusaly 400 watt peak. Will this inverter Work? Thank you, ged1919

No power output from Kipor 3000 TI [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with an answer as to why my kipor 3000 generator all of a sudden just quit producing power, It's only a yr old and not used very much at all. I noticed the light indicating a power overload, but at the time the only things working off it, was a couple lights and radio of our RV....

Can I use 3500 watt water heater elements to replace 3800 watts? [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't actually pulled the elements yet but the tag on the water heater shows elements rated at 3800 watts. The ones readily available at the local big box are even numbered, 3500, 4500,5500. Can I use the 3500 watt rated elements to replace elements in this water heater?

The cost for 1500 watt MH bulbs and Multitap ballast for MH bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the cost of installation for 1500 watt MH bulbs and Multitap ballast for MH bulbs. Materiall cost will be beneficial. Barbara Ivory

View more questions Search