Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosemaybe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 12:16 PM
    Drive C is corrupted and cannot be repaired
    Hi Everyone, I brought a secondhand laptop that was working very good for a start, but then I could not get anything up on it at all, so I downloaded the windows Xp boot start up on 6 floppy disc, which work OK, then I had to use my XP windows Cd disc. Which I then did, but then a error came up the my Drive C is corrupted and cannot be repaired. But can it be repaired? Am I doing anything wrong to get this message. I am a silver surfer. Thanks if someone can gelp me. Rosemary
    LuK3 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 02:45 PM
    Hmm, Buy a new one...
    arman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 03:28 PM
    When you install winxp, one of the last options in the menu should ask if you want to do the slow or fast installation when you choose the fast installation it does not check hard drive for so many errors it might work for you, once xp is installed with fast option then it should work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email address corrupted [ 9 Answers ]

I am no expert, but this is the craziest thing I have ever seen. I recently switched from earthlink dial-up to Alltel dsl. After doing so, I contacted those in my address book of the change. One of those contacts came bouncing back as "undeliverable". Turns out it was a sibling who of course...

Corrupted Ps2 memory card [ 8 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know how to format a ps2 memory card. I need to erase everything from my card. The problem is that it has a 3.5 mg of corrupted data which I can't delete. That's almost half the memory space. The corrupted data is from action replay. I sent them an email but they did not...

Corrupted Registry Key [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am using WinXP. There is a corrupted key in my user profile registry and every time it touched (by any means - if I am trying to delete or export it, or registry scanner hits it) computer crashes. This key is located in Shell/Bags section and serves no useful purpose for me. If I log...

Java misinstalled or corrupted! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! Hmm... Recently when I tried play Yahoo pool and other java games, the applet failed to load. Then when I tried to play games at pogo.com I got this error message stating " java misinstalled or corrupted" I tried to solve this problem by downlaoding the latest IE explorer and yet...

View more questions Search