Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdrudd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 05:57 AM
    My home heating system cycles even at 65 degrees is this normal
    I am new to this. 1) I hear the system come on, then I hear the furnace fire up then the fan comes on after running for a few minutesit will all shut down, then repeat after about 5-6 minutes. The thermostat is set at 68 degrees is this normal?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 09:08 AM
    It could be normal depending upon how the heat anticipator or program is set in the thermostat. Make sure all registers are open and the return air is not blocked. Also check the furnace filter to be sure it is clean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace takes 4 hours to increase heat 10 degrees. Is this normal? [ 30 Answers ]

This September, we had a furnace installed to heat the basement. It's an Armstrong, two-speed, 95% efficiency unit. The specs say it can do 57,000 BTU/hr, and my basement is 1350 sq ft. Yesterday was a cold day, so I had my first chance to try it out. The temp in the basement was 61...

GE Dishwasher does not spray during normal cycles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile dishwasher, PDW7800, that fills, drains, etc. but will not spray. However, if I use the Triton XL Service Mode each of the functions; drain pump, detergent module activation, main pump (which does spray water on the dishes), water valve activation, open/close active vent, and...

Heating System. We have air vents on the walls of our home [ 6 Answers ]

We have air vents on the walls of our home. The top one is permanently open. Do we open or close the bottom one in the winter months, or vice versa?

Banging noise in my heating system, in a newly constructed home [ 8 Answers ]

My home is less that two years old. There is a banging sound, that comes out of my baseboards. It seems to happen , after the heat is shut off. My plumber purged the system, but I still have the problem. It is so loud, that it wakes me up at night.

Heating system for log home [ 5 Answers ]

We are in the process of building a log home. 1. Size of the home is 1796 sq ft. second floor is 534 sq ft. catheral ceiling, home will be on full basement. 2. planning to use propeane for heat. And will have central air. 3. What would to the best size propane heat unit and central air...

View more questions Search