Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynnm107 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 03:28 PM
    Is there a way to set the themostat for the temp to vary a certain number of degree's
    I have a Honeywell magicstat and would like to know how to set it so the temp in the house will vary about 3 degrees. For instance I would like the heat to be set at 68, I would like the furnace to kick on at 67 and shut off at 70. Hoping to stop the cycling so much. Can I do this, I looked in them manual and did not see it.
    johnmprince Posts: 56, Reputation: 4

Jan 5, 2010, 03:54 PM

You want to change the differential, which as I understand it, is not adjustable on this thermostat. However on the back there are two screws, or switches, which change the number of cycles permitted per hour. Changing this setting may accomplish what you want. One setting allows three cycles per hour. Google your model number for the details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TH8000 resetting themostat temp [ 4 Answers ]

I have a TH8000, a Heil DC90 furnace and an Amana heat pump. During the winter my daytime temp is 65 and at night I set it back to 55. Everything has worked fine for the last 18 months until the last couple of nights (which have been cold but not remarkable). What happens is that at some...

Furance shuts off before themostat temp is reached [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new two stage variable speed lennox furnace, G61V-60C-091. Due to some heating problems right after the install, the company I hired also installed a new white-rodgers programmable thermostat 1F78. Unfortunately even with the new thermostat, I'm having the same problem. At 6:15am,...

Heat not kicking on until the temp dips below 64 degrees, target temp set to 72 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time posting here, but I figured it was a good place to start for some advice. I just bought a new townhouse a few weeks ago and have been having some heating issues since moving in. The actual furnace (Goodman GMS 8045) was installed in June of '06 while the unit was...

Furnace not kicking on when temp drops below thermostat set temp [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a Beckett oil heat water on demand furnace that heats through baseboards. Since this past weekend the furnace hasn't been kicking on when the temperature drops below my set temp of 68 degrees. I have to go down to the furnace and simply touch the top of the reset box for it to kick on. ...

How do I keep temp from rising past set temp? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an oil heater. We have been having problems with the thermostat or heater. If we turn on the switch on the heater and leave the thermostat on the lowest setting, the 2nd floor gets very hot. The base board radiators down stairs did not get hot at all until we pushed the thermostat up, and...

View more questions Search