Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitty_girl_07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 05:26 PM
    Reaction Rates
    How do you find the moles consumed of a reactant, and the rates that these are consumed, using the units mol/s and mol/L/s?
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Nov 15, 2006, 07:58 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Here is the formula for determining the rate of a reaction...

Rate = Δ[A] ÷ Δt

This means that the rate is equal to the change in concentration of substance A in mol/L divided by the change in time. The A in brackets means concentration of A.

Reading the answers to your other question should help you determine the mol/L of a solution.

Determining the number of moles consumed involves finding the difference in the number of moles you started with a and what you have left and how many seconds it took

Δ mol A ÷ Δt

or the change in the number of moles over the change in time in seconds.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

AIDS - first reaction [ 4 Answers ]

What is the first reaction when somebody finds out they are HIV+? Do they go through any counseling? Do they start taking medicine right away or do they wait until they start having some symptoms? Are the partners (expartners) contacted and notified of the problem they might have?

Precipitation Reaction when combining CoCl2 and NaCO3 [ 1 Answers ]

What is the precipatation reaction when CoCl2 + NaCO3?

Balancing a reaction [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble balancing this reaction. Any ideas... or can anyone figure it out? :confused: KIO3 + NaHSO3 --> I2 + Na2SO4 + H2SO4 + K2SO4 + H20 I have actually never been taught the half reaction way to balance... but that's awesome, thank you so much!

Reaction to water [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a severe reaction to the water in my home.I can't even drink it w/o breaking out.It burns,stings,causes a rash all over my face,neck, chest etc.. It is quit painful.This is causing scars also.nothing seems to relieve it.Does anybody know what in the water could be causing my reaction? (...

Allergic reaction [ 2 Answers ]

Our dachsund got his distemper and rabies shot yeasturday. They said he may have a alergic reation and he is getting lumps that are coming and going throughout his head area. His ears are red on the inside too. Please advise, thank you

View more questions Search