Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellie234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 08:23 PM
    Is it OK to cut the crotch strap off my life jacket?
    My boyfriend recently got me a new life jacket for kayaking. It's very comfortable minus the underneath strap that is supposed to go between your legs is always in the way. I don't wear it. I typically either don't buckle it or just leave it hanging (that didn't work, it tripped me.) I'm can't really swim, but I don't think I need the underneath strap. It's not a great fitting jacket but I don't think it will come off. Can I just cut it off? Or just not wear it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2010, 08:25 PM

You need it to keep the jacket from being able to come off
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Jan 2, 2010, 08:59 PM
    The jacket is designed to keep a person properly afloat properly by using the jacket as recommended, that means using all of the straps. By not using it, you put yourself in danger, especially with the fact that you said you cannot swim. The life jacket is designed that way for a reason, just like seat belts in cars. They are necessary for your safety.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not cut out for this life? [ 3 Answers ]

All right so I'm a 16 year old kid with all the potential in the world. I can't sit up straight, I imbelish every word, Im very outlandish and I speak very formally. I am a musician, I play drums for a band and guitar and bass on free time. Im 6'0" and skinny as a pole, girls say Im cute but...

How can I find pajama pants with sewn in crotch [ 1 Answers ]

Pajama pants with regular crossed seams are irritating when worn without underwear. Where can I find pajama pants with sewn in crotch like in long underwear?

Crotch watching [ 12 Answers ]

Ok, So I have a question that is purely curiosity. I am female and sometimes when I talk to a guy and he's across from me on a chair or something, I subconsciously look down at his crotch and catch myself afterwards and I don't know why I do it! I even did it when I interviewed with my...

Strap-on! [ 64 Answers ]

After talking to my friend about using a strap-on with her lesbian lover I want to know how do guys feel about a female using one on you? How was the experience? Also, I would like to hear from females that have used it on their guy. Any responses are welcome even if your against it or for...

What to do with a itchy shaven crotch [ 11 Answers ]

I just shaved my female private parts... it is so itchy... what can I do to stop this itching before work tomorrow and what about the red bumps, but I want the itching to stop any ideas? Please help

View more questions Search