Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    broken_ heart Posts: 201, Reputation: 22

Jan 12, 2010, 12:53 AM
    But in case he contacts me, should I answer him?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 12:57 AM
    Yes, no contact,definitely.

I hope the jobsituation will be sorted out soon.

And try to make new friends,you need a social life.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 12:59 AM

No,ignore him-it's the only way to handle this.
    bswc Posts: 197, Reputation: 22

Jan 12, 2010, 01:12 AM

No, while you're wondering what to do with no contact, just try to read the stickies https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...qs-332732.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...nc-425290.html

Jan 12, 2010, 01:14 AM

Yes, you are right Ami, he is behaving so sweetly these days but I know it won't last. And with passing days he is going to hurt me again. Will show his attitude etc which I am not ready to face. I can't promise but yes I will try not to answer him.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 01:30 AM

See it as a detox,go cold turkey-and make a promise to yourself to not reply.

You should do this-for you.

Jan 12, 2010, 03:23 AM

You are right Ami, its difficult no doubt but it's the right thing to do. I will see not to repeat the mistake of breaking NC.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 03:47 AM
    That's the way to go!
    And I've noticed that you've started replying to other posters questions-that's a great thing to be doing-helping others,using your own experience!
    Stay around!
    louiseismyname Posts: 228, Reputation: 24

Jan 12, 2010, 06:45 AM

Broken heart, I've been in a similar situation which everyone must have read about, I've put a link to my story (hope that is OK mods?) because I think it will help you and make you realise that you are not alone.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...hy-371342.html

My ex has been contacting me but I'm determined not to respond, he has been saying things like "louise if your going to kill yourself then you are taking your time" and to my friend "tell louise I love her NOT"

He is just so cruel and nasty to me, its like he don't want me but don't want anyone else to have me either. Please remain with the NC, believe me it's the best thing too do, if you break NC then all that hard work will be lost and you will right down to the bottom of the hill again!! Be strong and if you feel the need to contact him, either write in your diary or come on here to vent like I did, we are here to help you xxxx

Jan 14, 2010, 04:55 AM

Today, I am writing here because I really want to talk to him, missing him a lot but I am on NC can't call him. Its our anniversory today, of no use of course. I am filled with all his memories.

Ami, he didn't call me from last 5 days. I am really surprised because the way he was behaving made me think of him a little. I was in doubt. But now what has happened, he didn't call. There are lot of questions in my mind. I know there answeres but still.
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:02 AM
    You did the right thing coming here. Maybe he is finally getting the message about no contact?
    The first round of events you celebrated together can be tough,but next year you probably will just give it a thought in passing.

Stay strong;how is it going with the jobsearch?

Jan 14, 2010, 05:07 AM

Its going good. Giving interviews, hopefully will get something soon.
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:14 AM

That's good news. A new job and being around new people will work wonders.

Jan 14, 2010, 05:22 AM

Yes :) thanks Ami , I always feel good to talk to you
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:25 AM

Thank you! I hope it helps. :-)
    bswc Posts: 197, Reputation: 22

Jan 14, 2010, 08:45 AM

Wish u all the best in finding your new job, it's a turning point in life, hope it work wonders as amicon said!

Jan 18, 2010, 12:11 AM

He messaged me saying that he was really busy with work that's why couldn't call me. He said he is upset for the failure of a project. I replied him saying two words to support him and nothing more.
    What you all think did I do the wrong in replying him? He came to me because he was upset, I guess.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 12:26 AM

I think you should not break NC- for any reason.
    Let him be upset,that's his problem-not yours.

Jan 21, 2010, 05:42 AM

My family wants me to marry and settle down now. I am not prepared for marriage mentally and emotionally. He is in my thoughts all the time. I am following NC with lot of difficulty these days.
    Whenever I think of marriage, I think of him. Can't I get him back?
    Life has become so difficult, I know all the answers still I continue asking the same again and again. I still love him and want him back and I know its not going to happen.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2010, 05:50 AM
    It doesn't matter what your family thinks about your getting married-that's for you to decide when you're in a future,stable and happy relationship with a man you can trust,who respects you and who is on the same page as you are.

It's good you're sticking to NC-yes it's tough,but it gets easier.

Don't think about getting back with the ex.
    Think about building a new life for yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have accecpted the fact that me and my ex is over but I still think about her every [ 10 Answers ]

I need a little help here. My ex broke up with me about two months ago. It was a really nasty break up. I did the whole let's try to work it out thing. The begging, the phone calls the whole nine. I recently stopped contact with her, but each time I get close to not thinking about her she calls,...

Etiquette, after the fact [ 1 Answers ]

An acquaintance's husband passed away a month ago and now they are sending an announcement for a memorial service and reception. What is the proper etiquette for sending flowers or a remembrance?

Missed Periods in spite of negative EPT Tests [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really worried as I've missed 2 periods and even Ept tests are showing negative. Is there any point of concern. Can anyone help me out?

After The Fact [ 3 Answers ]

My children were taken and my rights were taken.My dad said that no matter how long there is always hope of bringing them home.Is that true?Is there a point were there is absolutely nothing you can do at all?

View more questions Search