Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockchick182 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 04:39 PM
    My boyfriend makes me so angry, and yet he hasn't done anything wrong
    Hi, my boyfriend has loads of hobbies to do with sport, and whenever he does them I just get so mad and frustrated and sometimes I even get upset. It's not like he is doing anything wrong, he enjoys it, and I trust him not to cheat on me with the other girls that go, but I just don't understand why I get so mad? I've spoke to him about it, and he said that maybe I'm just paranoid, or maybe even abit jealous of his hobbies because he does them with his ex girlfriend and I get left out, which to be honest is quite true. But I just don't think that that could be the only reason, could there be anything else?. Please help its gone on for too long.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Dec 30, 2009, 06:39 PM

It's one thing if you don't have a life and depend on your boyfriend to make you happy. It's another thing if he is doing hobbies with his EX--which I don't think many people in their right mind would put up with. I would have a talk with him, but it sounds like you did. Since it seems like he doesn't care how you feel, you may have to move on.

Doing sports with a past lover completely changes the dynamics. He should be sensitive to understand that in your relationship.
    lovebird120 Posts: 110, Reputation: 11

Dec 31, 2009, 05:03 AM

I had this same problem too... but first I must ask (to help of course) what do YOU do while he goes out and does all his sports and hobbies??

Dec 31, 2009, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovebird120 View Post
    what do YOU do while he goes out and does all his sports and hobbies???
    Well I am very much into sports myself but not the same ones as him, I go horse riding once a week, I go jogging along the beach and I actually go climbing with my boyfriend sometimes (thats one of his hobbies). But mostly I just do anything I can to pass the time, because my friends that I usually hang around with are either already out or they are going out drinking or doing drugs, and I'm not like that so I don't go.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 06:52 AM

Why don't you go along and support the team?

Its sounds like he has a full life away from the relationship which is great... think about doing something else to fill the time.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 06:56 AM

"he hasn't done anything wrong"

These are your words. Read this sentence again, and understand it completely.

He will leave you unless you get past these feelings. If he is indeed "innocent", then learn to cope, and get your own hobbies and activities. Or tag along with him.

Good luck.

Dec 31, 2009, 07:01 AM

Its not as simple as that though. Im scared to do the hobbies that he does because they are quite dangerous, and I can't try to do any of them when he is with his ex because she is also my cousin =/ and she is going out with his best friend. Its quite complicated.
    lovebird120 Posts: 110, Reputation: 11

Dec 31, 2009, 12:46 PM

See so that's good at least you do your own thing. The difference between you and I is when my boyfriend went out I had to stay home and do home-ey things so I was just stressing about things with nothing to do but thing. So I think all you need to do is make sure that you are busy while he's out OR go along with him... and if he asks why just say to spend more time with you of course :)

Dec 31, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovebird120 View Post
    so i think all you need to do is make sure that you are busy while hes out
    That would keep me occupied, yes, but it still doesn't explain why it makes me so angry when he does these hobbies :/
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 04:41 PM

Are you sure you don't feel threatened by your cousin? And what's so complicated about the cousin and the best friend thing? I have a feeling if you talk more it will become more obvious why you are feeling so angry. You sound like a reasonable person, so I'm guessing there's a reason here.

It's not that uncommon to feel angry and not know why. A lot of people glom onto the first explanation they think of. You aren't doing that, which is good. So maybe we can help you figure it out?

Dec 31, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    Are you sure you don't feel threatened by your cousin? And what's so complicated about the cousin and the best friend thing?
    I don't feel threatened by my cousin at all, because I don't feel that there is any reason to feel threatened because its not like she is trying to get into my boyfriend because she has her own. And in all honesty I don't know why it's so complicated about the cousin and best friend thing... she is my cousin and my boyfriends ex, and she is now going out with his best friend. Now I think about it, I kind of did go out with him when she still liked him, maybe I feel slightly threatened by that?? Im not sure :confused: But I still don't get how that would make ME angry, surely it would make her the angry one?
    noelle78 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 07:47 PM

I think you're paranoid or anxious. Maybe you should take up a sport or something to keep you busy. If you're doing something maybe you won't think about him and have time to get upset.
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2010, 09:32 PM

Do the three of them ever make you feel unwelcome? It could be something subtle.

Jan 2, 2010, 06:39 AM
    Do the three of them ever make you feel unwelcome? It could be something subtle.
    Well, I guess I kind of feel left out all the time... if that's what you mean?
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2010, 08:35 AM

Yes. That's what I mean. Are you making yourself feel that way, or are there also any things they do that make you feel that way?
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Jan 2, 2010, 09:08 AM
    I went through a similar experience with my on and off girlfriend. She gets so mad if I go snowboarding with my friends or go to cookouts with them in the summer. It's ridiculous. She has never met them in the whole three years together. She says they are all whores and sluts. I've never cheated on her. She's so possesive. But yet I've never stopped her or got upset when she would go out with her friends. There was a time while we were living together that I didn't talk to nor do anything with my friends at all. She was going out with her friends, and even said one time while heading out the door, "What's the matter? Don't you have anything to do or anywhere to go?" After that little statement of hers, I didn't care what she thought anymore, and I decided to do what I want regardless of what she thought. Well, of course she didn't like that. She's got some serious immaturity and self esteem issues.
    The point is, you have no right to be upset at him just because he has a life. Get one of your own. It's not like he's out there cheating on you. Would you rather have a little puppy dog that obeys you or someone that has interests and his own mind with something to offer.

Jan 2, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Yes. That's what I mean. Are you making yourself feel that way, or are there also any things they do that make you feel that way?
    I don't think they do it deliberately, but I'm quite a jealous type of person to be fair, but even after a year and half of being left out and my boyfriend doing these things with his ex it kind of begins to dwell on me. Is it just me and my jealousy or do I have a right to feel that way?
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Jan 2, 2010, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchick182 View Post
    I don't think they do it deliberatly, but im quite a jealous type of person to be fair, but even after a year and half of being left out and my boyfriend doing these things with his ex it kinda begins to dwell on me. Is it just me and my jealousy or do i have a right to feel that way?
    You have no right to feel that way. Yes, it is your jealousy issues. Deal with them before they affect your relationship.

Jan 2, 2010, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolfe View Post
    You have no right to feel that way. Yes, it is your jealousy issues. Deal with them before they affect your relationship.
    Yes but after a year and a half of constantly being sack off by him to go and do hobbies with his ex it does kind of make you think that maybe its not his hobbies that he's interested in. In your case you weren't going out with your ex (well you never mentioned it) and he is. There's a difference.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Jan 2, 2010, 04:48 PM

Rockchick, you are right, there is a major difference between going out with friends and going out with an ex. Like I said in my first post, I would feel the same and know many others that would also feel hurt. You do have your own life and I feel bad for you. I hope you can find someone that respects you more.

If it drags you down so much all the time, have you considered if your life would be more pleasant without him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My brother makes me angry [ 7 Answers ]

I have an older brother.. (im 12 and he is 15) we argue about the most ridiculous things. He once spat in my face . I hate arguing with him as it gets me down and makes me really angry. It also makes my mom and dad really stressed... so I don't know whether I should just stay out of his way or talk...

I am so angry at my boyfriend. What to do? [ 52 Answers ]

Hi I have a boyfriend and he is mess treating me He doesn't call me or ask me out on a date or just out and he is just not that much into me anymore I donno if he is cheating on me because he is really busy at his life at the moment He travels to china and other country with his family for fun...

I'm always angry and upset at my boyfriend [ 7 Answers ]

I'm young and I have a boyfriend 3 years older, we split for about 3 months and we've been back together for 2 weeks now. We're both trying really hard to not let the things that broke us up before do it again. We always fought, and he always admitted to being the one in the wrong. I always just...

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

My boyfriend has no sex with me and I am angry! [ 5 Answers ]

Why is it that my boyfriend is not sexual with me for the past month, almost?

View more questions Search