Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ndnrose72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 09:05 PM
    How to get a felony expunged in tn
    Convicted of felony in 1995 theft over 1000 dollars, haven't been in trouble since. What can I do I cannot afford a lawyer to do the for me
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2009, 07:12 AM

Hello n:

Save up for one. You probably have only one shot at it, and you want to give yourself the best chance you can.. You DO know that the prosecutor will argue against it, and you're going to want somebody arguing for it.

excon
    martisas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 06:35 PM
    If you are in California, Just go to the court and get the expungement paperwork fill it out and file it. It should cost more than $60 and you will probably get it reduce to a misedomeanor first, then get it expunged.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2012, 04:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martisas View Post
    If you are in California, Just go to the court and get the expungement paperwork fill it out and file it. It should cost more than $60 and you will probably get it reduce to a misedomeanor first, then get it expunged.
    Please post the law on this - first, it's an old post; second, I think you are posting law in another State.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you become a police officer in Michigan with a expunged felony? [ 17 Answers ]

Can you become a police officer in Michigan with a expunged felony

Expunged Felony in CA.can an employer or insurance co see it? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a former felony in the state of CA that I have had expunged. I am looking to become a truck driver, but I'm not sure if prospective employers can see it on a background check and/or the insurance company see it as well. I also have to get a hazardous materials endorsement and that goes...

Expunged felony [ 2 Answers ]

I was released from prison February 15th of 2008 for forgery what address or what steps do I take to try to get it expunged its my only felony. Need to know if it's a waste of time for me to do it so quick.

Getting felony expunged [ 4 Answers ]

My felony will be getting expunged once I get off probation (6 months after probation to be exact) in about a year now. I'm stuck doing labor work now but I would like to be a fireman. I'm thinking they won't except me with a felony on my record so how long should I wait until I even apply? My...

Expunged felony [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to disclose a felony that occurred 22 years ago (Felony DUI) and was expunged 6 months ago for a license in the banking or Insurance industry?

View more questions Search