Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carol.presnall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Phone jack wiring colors
    We have a phone system for 2 lines. We just had a room painted and the phones no longer work on line one. Can you help?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 08:42 AM

Red and green are usuall line 1 and connect to red and green. Yellow and black are usuall line 2.
    Category Rated wiring(Unshielded twisted) pairs, usually connect:
    White/blue to green. Blue/White to red.
    White/orange to black and orange/white to yellow.

I have seen electricians connect Green/white to green, because it is closest to Green, and for a red, they use the Orange/white as it looks closest to red. There is no red in the smaller twisted pairs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewiring my phone jack so that I can have my phone on one and my internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting internet in my house and the phone co. said I had to rewirer the line in my bedroom so it would not mess with my other phone line how do I rewire it and do you have a pic I could go by

Cat-5 wiring to a phone Jack which color scheme to use? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I need to place an extra phone jack for the computer. I want to use Cat-5 since I cannot get a hold of any Cat-3. I don't know which colors to use blue/w just blue both to do the connection from the main old time connection box in the basement to the phone jack. Any advice in how to choose...

Phone jack wiring [ 1 Answers ]

How is the jack to be wired to the wires coming from the wall?

How to change wiring on phone jack for DSL [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I need help! I have only one phone jack in room with computer. It is a separate line and number different from my home phone. I am getting DSL and will no longer need this separate number. When I cancel this number for cpu that line will be dead(I Think). I ordered my DSL on my regular...

Phone jack wiring [ 7 Answers ]

How do I convert jack that was used for a second line back to the primary line?

View more questions Search