Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 09:12 AM
    What Table to Eat From
    Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Can you determine what was meant by this written word?

My heart of love for God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ is to show in my posting what was ensampled for us to follow. And NOT what man has adopted by their own free means of traditions and doctrine today. Men continuely appear to ensample the written word's message of leavened bread, and how leaders of Rome, the Pharisees, and scribes tried to control and power the land here on earth.
    (Matthew 5:20) (Matthew 5:18)

Christ has fulfilled all that was written! And is the unleaven bread of sincerity and truth we are to eat. (John 19:28 John 19:36)(1 Cr 5:8)

As written in Psalm 23 quote "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death" we are being advised of our path here on earth, and the danger of death in following satan, walking in darkness of sin, and eating at satan's table .

The awareness in which we must stay awake, as Christ told the disciples, and as it is written, satan takes the word of God away so that man is unfruitful. The parables reflect this message.

Matthew 13:23 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

Believing that "The LORD JESUS" is the shepherd, and bishop of the soul. Christ restored the soul, and He leads man in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake. He has prepared HIS table in the presence of our enemies for us to eat and drink as one with HIM.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 06:08 PM

This isn't a question. It's a sermon.

Please read the rules for the site.
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2009, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    This isn't a question. It's a sermon.

Please read the rules for the site.

Matthew 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Can you determine what was meant by this written word?
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 04:12 AM

The REPLY:

Matthew 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Can anyone determine what was meant by this ?
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Dec 28, 2009, 01:20 PM

Are you asking or have you got an answer?
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Are you asking or have you got an answer?
    I have offered everything I trust that could help in understanding the meaning of this question and posted it along with the question.

But I wonder who would be comprehended as the little dogs eating bread that is cast to them, or what others might have studied in belief and interpretation of this statement.

It does not appear that anyone has an answer.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 05:17 PM

It doesn't look like you really have a question, just looking for another opportunity to preach, or to post the bible.

You're the expert on all of this, why don't you tell us what you think it means? Personally, I'm tired of reading all this scripture that you post.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Dec 28, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    I have offered everything I trust that could help in understanding the meaning of this question and posted it along with the question.

But I wonder who would be comprehended as the little dogs eating bread that is cast to them, or what others might have studied in belief and interpretation of this statement.

It does not appear that anyone has an answer.

I would say that the quotes you have given are a bit too culture sensitive.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Dec 29, 2009, 12:12 AM
    Jesus is saying, I have come first and foremost to the House of
    Israel, His primary focus was to be for the Jew's. In speaking of
    Children, He is referring to the children of Israel, the Jews.
    Speaking of bread, He is referring to Himself, The Bread Life.
    In speaking of little dogs, He is referring to the gentiles.

Very good sndbay, this is a good discussion but it is hard for a lot of people to understand.

Love and Blessing, Maggie 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 04:18 AM

Maggie, Thank you, I trust the message was guided by the Holy Spirit.

I suppose that the gentiles could possibly show some signs of being hungry for the bread. That being the case, why wouldn't Christ just open the door to sup with them as well if that is true.

Perhaps it depends how much a little dog's act of eating is led by curiousity, and not hungry. Curousity being define as nosiness, snooping or prying. Then it example how Christ knows the heart of those that follow apposed to those that come to pry and snoop out of nosiness.

Grace be with you
    ~in Christ
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 04:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    I would say that the quotes you have given are a bit too culture sensitive.
    Thank you TUT317 for the suggestion, I would agree that when we are to comprehend the meaning, we indeed have to acknowledge the culture sensitive aspects.

I trust the Spirit of Truth that works and is given when we ask in heart of love for help. Maggie delivered that help through that Spirit.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    It doesn't look like you really have a question, just looking for another opportunity to preach, or to post the bible.

You're the expert on all of this, why don't you tell us what you think it means? Personally, I'm tired of reading all this scripture that you post.
    The Spirit of Truth is clearly shown. I was moved to ask the question I have asked, after reading my morning devotion from scripture. There is always an answer that will come, because I prayer for that Truth, and God's will to be done.

Altenweg, this is a Christian forum, and I would expect scripture offered as the Word of God in a Christian discussion.

If you are tired of reading scripture, then you must be here out of curiousity. Much like the message this thread has disccussed.

Go in peace, I walk having the spirit and willing to serve the Lord.

~in Christ
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 11:44 PM

sndbay,
    I believe that the statement is quite clear.
    To take food meant for children to be given to any other person or thing is a big no no.
    That is like what has happened in several instances where food that was meant for very poor families has been used or given to others.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2009, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    That is like what has happened in several instances where food that was meant for very poor families has been used or given to others.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Hi Fred, If you review again the scripture verses, you will notice that this woman was of Canaan, asking for mercy because her daughter was over taken by the devil (15:22) The disciple said, "send her away" (15:23) But Christ spoke the response to the woman, saying He was not only sent to the lost sheep of Israel. (15:24) So the woman then worshipped Christ, and asked for HIS help (15:25)

Matthew 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
    Matthew 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Christ is saying to the woman, this is the bread that comes from the masters' table.
    As we know: This bread, is the daily bread we ask for in prayer. The bread from the Lord's table, our master to whom we are servants. It is the daily bread of knowledge and blessing in Christ Jesus. And the followers or believers receive this bread from their master. This bread is not meant for children of the devil such as the woman's daughter who reaped from her actions to follow satan. The daughter grievously vexed with a devil.

God our Father has promised to His children, (referanced as the children of the promise) to be as His begotten again, children of God through Christ.
    (Gal3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. )

So the example there at that time, was as Maggie pointed out in post #9, the children of Isreal, that were eating bread from the masters' table, and the woman suggesting that crumbs of that bread do fall to such as the little dog. Maggie suggests that the little dog was the Gentiles, which would be the nation of Canaan. I agree with Maggie. I have researched this further to find, that the Gentiles were known as dogs by the Jews and despired as such (Matthew 7:6)

The woman of Canaan was said to have great faith, because she believed that even with a few crumbs from the Bread of Life, that her daughter would be helped, and was asking for that help.
    (Her faith was shown contrast the disciples faith, noted in Matthew 16:7-8 as little faith)
    They had seen the power of God and how the Bread of Life comes to HIS children, and in HIM they follow to worship HIM.
    Opposed to the leaven bread of the Pharisees noted as man's doctrine referance in Matthew 16:12. The doctrine that come by man's mouth, and is of flesh and blood.
    Man's doctrine is Not the Bread of Life reveals to us, by God our Father which is in heaven.

Peace & Joy
    ~in Christ
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2009, 12:54 AM

sndbay,
    Thank you much for your explanation of this.
    I do agree.
    There are several episodes recorded in the Gospels where people other than some Jews who had a great or greater faith.
    Take for instance the Roman centurian who asked for Jesus help in curing the officer's servant and as the officer suggested Jesus cured the servant from afar.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Jan 4, 2010, 11:12 PM
    "The Lord is my Shepherd ; I shall not want." With out Him I have nothing. "He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul".
    He restores our souls through fellowship with Him, at times we may stray from Him, but He remains the Good Shepherd. We may
    Wonder, but He receives us back gladly and pardons His wayward
    Sheep. We never make a conscious decision to forsake the Father,
    We slip away slowly as of wandering desires and selfish attempts to
    Meet our own need. But when we strive to attain comfort and safety
    Apart from God, we stray farther and farther away from Him. But a
    Warm reception is awaiting a lost sheep. There is no scolding or
    Punishment for the wayward lamb, all heaven rejoices iwhen a wandering
    Child of God returns to the fold. God knows our need phsically,
    Emotionaly, and spiritually, right now. He is working now to
    Accomplish the things we need and that we have not thought of yet.
    God is our pardoning Shepherd, and also a providing Shepherd.
    "Your rod and staff, they comfort me." Ancient shephards used these tools to defend their sheep from vicious animals seeking a quick
    Meal. God moves before us, clearing the way of the enemy's snares.
    The Good shephard, is leading us though the darkness and into
    The light. It is there in His presence that He will pardon, provide for, and protect us, Always.

Love and Blessing, Maggie 3
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 11:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    Altenweg, this is a Christian forum, and I would expect scripture offered as the Word of God in a Christian discussion.
    And we certainly don't want any non-Christians to muzzy up this board...

Show love to non-Christians? Good grief! After all, she's not walking with us to Emmaus.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 01:30 AM

Wondergirl,
    Why not invited Altenweg along on a friendly trek along the road to Emmaus?
    I do.
    A spiritual walk with Jesus has been a great help for many people.
    Like all walks it is done with one step at a time.
    The attitude one has during then trek can be of great help.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 02:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    "The Lord is my Shepherd

"Exceptionally Beautiful "
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 03:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Wondergirl,
    Why not invited Altenweg along on a friendly trek along the road to Emmaus?
    I do.
    A spiritual walk with Jesus has been a great help for many people.
    Like all walks it is done with one step at a time.
    The attitude one has during then trek can be of great help.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred, Your intentions are that of faith, and a heart of love much like the woman wanting the crumbs from the table for help. Just remember that each has their own heart of desire, and no other then Christ can be the saviour. If it is God's will, the bread is permitted, and it usually takes a willing heart of love shown grace for grace.

Leave this in the hands of God, and know that each member of the body of Christ, has a circumcised heart of righteousness in faith.
    So we are told in (Matthew 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.)

We can pray for those that have been deceived, but they are accountable to thier own choice.

~God grace be with you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got a new dog and it won't eat.how will I get it to eat? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got a new dog 1 day ago to be exact; she is 8 years old.. I have tried feeding it and it won't eat or drink.. If it really doesn't eat, how long will I wait till I bring her to the vet?! :(

Table [ 2 Answers ]

I have a solid wood table and the legs are not detatchable. This is causing me some problems. I would like to make the legs detatchable without ruining the table itself (it cost a lot). Can anyone offer me any advice on the best way to do this and what materials I need to buy. Thanks

I eat sugar and lose wieght, eat healthy and gain? [ 2 Answers ]

OK don't tll me its not possible because rest assure you its happening to me. I live with my boyfriend. Were young and money is tight... very tight. Sometimes we can afford to go major food shopping sumetimes we cant. We always have food but sometimes its more of junk food. Now I have a HUGE...

Soft foods the doctor has told my dad to eat, but what exactly can he eat! [ 1 Answers ]

My dad has had a heart attack and now is fearful of what he can eat because it was indirectly related to stomach pains he is having. The question is: What is a exact list of some good things for him to eat? I am fearful he will not eat anything, or much less, because he is fearful too! ...

18 months baby, has acid reflux so only eat liquid ( how much she should eat) [ 1 Answers ]

My baby has acid reflux since 3 months and anytime I give her finger or soft food she throw up before it goes in. so I only give her liquid food like first stage food. :( But I want to know if she is taking enough? She is 24LB and 30inch tall - 18months old She eat 24 oz soy milk only 6oz of...

View more questions Search