Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackchess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Putting rent in escrow account
    Does NY state allow a tenant to put rent in a escrow account for not having hot water if you live in an apartment building? Also if the roof is leaking?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2006, 07:23 AM
    At the top of this forum is a "sticky" with links to L/T laws for most states. Check it out and see if you can find any applicable statutes. You should also check with your local agencies. Before you can do this you will need to make complaints to the appropriate agencies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Putting a restrictor on a new washer [ 1 Answers ]

Is it OK to put a restricter on a new washer, because of old plumbing, and how do you do it?

Putting on the weight [ 1 Answers ]

What foods can make you gain weight, that have no fats, if you have become ill but have lots of protein and calcium. Which are also tasty as say fast foods. As I like fast foods, but I would like something with more nutrition and quick and easy to make, or even better a ready made meal. I suffer...

How soon can you refinance after escrow? [ 5 Answers ]

To get a lower interest rate do you have to wait a certain period to refinance a home after escrow close? Or can you refinance right away? I live in California. Thanks

Putting her down? [ 12 Answers ]

My dog,a schnauzer terrier cross, has been acting very funny latley She's always been a great dog, good with adults and children, Bit the other day she nearly bit my mom. She's nearly 9 years old And the just day I was petting her, and went straight for my hand she Would have made a nasty hole...

View more questions Search