Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pittypatporch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Day & Night Unit on the BLINK
    I changed my filter in my central heating system and when I replaced the front the fan motor started to run. The thermostat was in the off position. I removed the front cover and replaced it again and the fan continued to run. The pilot light would not come on. It is a week later and we tried all over again to put the front back in place but the same happened. I called a repairman and he said he could not fix it as he thinks it is the relay panel and the wires are melted together. Because the unit is from 1976 a DAY & NIGHT brand he said there are no parts to be found. Any suggestions? Maybe there is something else we could check before spending $5,000 for a new unit. Being senior citizens on Social Security we'd like to get the unit fixed instead of replacing the unit.
    Thanks very much.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 09:56 PM
    This is just a thought, while I try to think of something better.
    Are you sure that your fan switch on the thermostat is in the "Auto" position. If it is in "Run" position the fan will run constantly
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 09:57 PM
    P. S. Any good heating service company will have or can get most any part for that furnace.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 10:18 PM
    Day and Night is still around, the same company as Carrier, Payne and Bryant. From the imformation you have provided I can't begin to guess what is wrong. Just another note, you can get a good furnace installed in almost any market for less than $5000 get bids first.
    pittypatporch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Thank you for the answers to my question. My thermostat is off and not "Auto". The repairman said it is running without being turned on because of the wires in the main relay board being melted together. I have found a few places on the internet that sell Day & Night but they are not in Texas. I did email them with my problem. I am waiting and hoping for a reply from them and maybe one of them will let me know if there is someone in my area with the parts I need. Thanks again and this is a great site. Glad I found it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blink cursor [ 5 Answers ]

At boot up I get a blinking cursor on the top left on the monitor, I try to press f8 but can't get in to it, I can get into setup. Can someone help? Thanks Passaic33

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

Day & night creams? [ 1 Answers ]

Have you found any that are really good? I recently tried Avon and it was very smelly once on. Any suggestions?

70's Day and Night Gas Furnace Common wire? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I have a furnace that I need a common wire to hook up A new thermostat that req's a common wire- The Company that originally made the furnace, BDP - merged w/ Carrier I think- I have a Red and Blue coming out of the top of the transformer And black & white @ the bottom - 115v looks...

View more questions Search