Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2009, 09:02 AM
    Naked Lunch
    I've been reading this, and I can't understand the point of it as every paragraph is like a chapter from another book, but I don't think I'm supposed to. I'm not a big reader, and I've never read a book as graphic and as nonsensical as this. Is there supposed to be a point or is it really just erratic and embellished notes he recorded when he was high?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 09:14 AM

Hello slap:

In order to understand Naked Lunch, you have to be deeply addicted to heroin like the author, William S. Burroughs was when he wrote it.

The ONE great thing that came of that book, at least for me, was the name of my favorite rock group, "Steely Dan". In the book, Steely Dan was dildo. What a great name for a rock and roll band.

excon
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2009, 07:22 PM

Ha, you, I think that's the part with Mary and her boyfriend who turns into a tree.

Yeah that's what I figured, I can't understand his point of view unless I was a junkie. But, it's undoubtedly the most interesting book I've read.
    MACKROO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 12:49 AM
    I was once a dildo that turned into a tree.must be my bio

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being naked,looking good, [ 3 Answers ]

So, I want to know how to look good and be comfortable being naked. I'm a big girl I weigh a whopping 203 pounds which I'm not happy about. After I had my daughter I just didn't think about getting my body back. I was focused on getting my life in order. I just want to know what to do to make...

Naked Dream [ 3 Answers ]

Hey y'all Ok, I had a weird dream that I was fully naked with only a pair of heels on and counting huge sums of money. Being naked in the dream didn't faze me at all, I was just irritated that I had to count all that money, my money. It's like I just got paid but it was too much to count. Any...

Being naked [ 8 Answers ]

Does anybody hate being naked in front of your man I'm on the vuluptious side but I'm not that big my problem is I had my son and now my belly hangs and I think it looks horrible I can walk around with my nickers / thong on but not without I love my partner and I no he loves me but I feel...

View more questions Search