Ask
    rsvas_in Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Power not turning on for sony dvp-cx995v multi-disc dvd player
    Power not turning on for sony dvp-cx995v multi-disc dvd player
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2009, 03:59 PM

Okay, just for future reference, please make sure to include more details about your problem. For example: Is this plugged into a surge protector of any kind? Have you tried a different outlet? Have you double checked the power plug? Did you recently experience a power outage? When did this start happening? Have you double checked the main power toggle*?

Try a few of the above things, if it still doesn't work, then there's probably something physically wrong with the unit. In which case if you are comfortable taking apart electronics and trying to fix it yourself, someone else may be able to help with that side.

* If I recall correctly, that unit has a main power button on the upper left that toggles it on, then a secondary power button that puts the unit into standby (allowing it to be awoken by the remote).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony dvp-cx995v multi-disc dvd player cannot read disk [ 22 Answers ]

I have two Sony dvp-cx995v multi-disc dvd players and both Give the error message "cannot read disk". One has been working For about a year and the other for 3 months. Now they both just give This error message for all DVD's Has anyone had this experience? Thanks

Sony DVD player/VCR no TV tuner- how to record live TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Sony DVD player/Video Cassette Recorder (model SLV-D281P). It does not have a TV tuner built in. Per the directions in order to record live TV "The DVD-VCR cannot record programs if you have a cable box without audio/video outputs, cable with no cable box, antenna only (no cable...

Turn my dvd into a multi-regional player [ 1 Answers ]

Please help I bought a Matsui MATDVD330 DVD and it clearly states on the Curry's website that it's a region 2 but multi-reginal can be enabled. I've tried many things but I can't seem to be able to change it. Is there any special codes or set ups that I need because I haven't a clue.. If...

Burned Disc will not Finalize,Does not play in my DVD Player. [ 1 Answers ]

When I burn a movie ,I use IMG Burn,But when it is finished. It will not finalize the disc and it will not play on any of my DVD Player`s.Tried deleting the upper and lower filter`s and rebooting but that does not work.Can any one help me please.My Computer and DVD Burner are about 6 year`s old,and...

Sony DVD player stops picture, then starts again [ 1 Answers ]

My Sony DVD/VCR player has suddenly started stopping the action for several seconds, then starting again. What's going on? Do I need a new player?

View more questions Search