Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Weird gas smell coming from air coniditoner
    I live in a single wide mobile home. Earlier today I noticed a smell coming from the air conditioner. It wasn't through the vent's it hasn't ran all day, it hasn't got cold enough too. The smell oddly enough smells almost like propane, more like a natural gas smell though. I live in Louisiana, and we have oil wells everywhere, also have worked in the oil field so I know what natural gas smells like. There is no propane in the house, everything is electric. When I get close enough and stick my head inside where the ventilation, filter, and coils are I get light headed, and very dizzy. Not sure what this could be, any help would be greatly appreciated. This hasn't happened before.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 05:43 PM
    Natural gas has NO smell when it comes out of the ground. A odorant is added to the gas so you can smell it for safety purposes.

Mold and mildue on the A/C coil is a possibility and yes it can make you light headed if you are alergic.
    cmart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Ok, thank you, I will look into that and continue to monitor it. Thanks again.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Your welcome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The furnace blows hot air than cold air [ 4 Answers ]

When I first turn on the heat, the gas furnace lights up appropriately, it heats and then the fan turns on and blows the warm air. After about 1-2 hours, the air is still blowing but it is now cold air. In order to get it hot again I turn the breaker to the furnace on and off and the cycle starts...

Heil Forced Air Gas Furnace Issues [ 4 Answers ]

Hi: I have a Heil Model 1002612-A Furnace (about 14 years old) that's driving me nuts! The furnace cycles are inconsisent. Furnace comes on, pilot lights but burner doesn't always ignite. Runs for 6-7 minute cycle, then shuts off. When it gets cooler, furnace will go through a complete cycle...

Weird noises coming from Central AC [ 1 Answers ]

I apologize in advance because I am a complete idiot when it comes to anything remotely mechanical... so bare with me. :) I live in a building of condos where each unit has its own central heating/air unit. The unit is controlled by a single box on the wall, with one switch that controls...

BAD SMELL I have a very bad smell coming from my toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I live on a slab, older house & have a horrible smell coming from one of my bathrooms, also there are nats flying out of my shower drain. Do you have any idea on what this could be... I really don't have the money for a plumber... please let me know any suggestions... Thank You :confused: ...

View more questions Search