Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shalu1339 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 11:01 PM
    Accident liver damage
    My brother met with an accident last week,his liver got bleeding and done operation and removed half last week.but still it's getting bleeding in liver.why it's happened,is that serious problem?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 02:25 PM

Yes this is a serious condition as a person has only one liver. The liver could have been damaged due to blunt trauma from the accident.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2009, 02:29 PM

His doctor should be able to answer any of your specific questions. The liver is a delicate organ, but a person can live a normal life with only half of one.

I wish for your brother a healthy recovery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liver damage an a ua for alcohol [ 1 Answers ]

I drank for several days last week and have been informed I have a ua tomorrow it has been 144 hrs. since I drank will I pass having a bad liver?

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

Dying 9 month old Dacshund - Liver Damage [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. I have a 9 month old Dacshund cross (we think) who has for the last 6 weeks been extremely ill. After a castration he became very sick and developed an infection which was quickly picked up on and treated. Unfortunately a few days later he showed signs of jaundice and blood tests...

Damage to city property due to car accident [ 1 Answers ]

In December of 2003, while driving, I got into a car accident. My back tires hit a patch of ice, and I swerved into the oncoming traffic, so I reacted quickly and wound up jumping a curb, sliding across a fence, and then the car stopped. The fence (chain link) had some minor damage, and my car was...

View more questions Search