Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    B A Starr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 10:45 AM
    Linksys wrt54gs cannot find computer by using the wan port
    When I connect the wan port to my modem then to my routers wan port, the Linksys cannot find my computer. However, If I connect my modem to the computer, bypassing the Linksys router I have an internet connection. Do I need a crossover cable?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2009, 07:33 AM

No, you need to connect the WAN port on your router to a switched port on your modem. For dsl, you'll have to bridge the two together, I suggest you call you ISP to figure that out. If you have Cable, you shouldn't have a problem.

What model modem do you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Might have a trojan but AVG won't find it.pop-ups, slow computer [ 3 Answers ]

I think I might have a virus from downloading some torrents. I use AVG Free 8.5 and it did pop up a warning that it found a virus, and I did heal it (fix it). I rescan by whole comp and everything, even with all that, my computer suspiciously runs slower and pop ups. I use Firefox 99.99% of the...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Computer can't find kingston k drive anymore [ 1 Answers ]

I use a kingston usb flash drive, no problems, then used an auto-compression flash drive, now computer can't see the kingston, even though I turned off the auto-compression

Sharing of usb port computer in win98 [ 1 Answers ]

I have connected a hp1160 printer on usb port using win98 which is shared by other users on win98. My problem is that this printer is becoming offline automatically if it is idle for 10 minutes. Then you have to restart the computer to make it online. Suggest how I can solve this problem ...

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

View more questions Search