Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capgirl49 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Roofing estimates/cost
    What is the going rate (labor & material) for the roofing of a flat roof 1/12 pitch 90# gravel face. 2200 square ft

I am doing this job for my landlord and am trying to correctly figure out my bid. I need some guidelines etc without having roofers come over to assess etc.

It is Sat.. looking forward to your replies asap

Thanks
    Neil C
    via capgirl49
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 08:30 AM

22 square at what rate?

Landlords want work done at the least cost,negotiation will take finesse.

Not knowing the rate in your area,the height from the ground(accessibility for the materials to be loaded),removal of the old roofing,are you responsible for removal of debris,is the land owner buying the materials,if not,how much are they per square,nails,cement,lap seal.. etc.

Are you doing this alone or with others?

Get back to me when you can.

Dec 13, 2009, 09:50 AM

Hey KBC! Thanks for quick reply. The rate I've been quoted is $300 per square including material. There is no tear off.. its single story.. and one other guy will be helping me. I am in southern Calif.. waiting for the rain to stop. What do you think..,. thnx again.. will be here watching football and checking for replies
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 10:10 AM

The rate YOU have been quoted?, by whom?the landlord?

Ok,$300.00 per square X 22 Square=$6,600

Cost of others labor?
    Cost of materials?
    Cost of delivering the materials?
    Insurance for this project?

Dec 13, 2009, 12:44 PM

No not the landlord.. come on.. this is what a few calls to roofers have elicited. Insurance is not applicable here.. materials will be picked up by me and cost therein will be added
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 02:48 PM

$300 a square here would be high,but maybe your area can absorb it,I don't know.It seems high to me.

You have to figure out how much the materials are going to cost,how long it'll take to apply it,the other persons cut in the profits and your bottom line profit.

I've forgotten to ask also,are you experienced in this type of roofing?

Call some suppliers for materials,more than one would be prudent.Make sure you get enough nails for the work,I nail every 9-10 inches and put roof cement over them once the next layer is installed,others might use lap seal instead of cement, user choice.

Back to you.

Also,, I haven't mentioned the cold adhesive.A yard will help you figure out how many cans of adhesive per square and how many pounds of nails,roof cement/etc.

Dec 14, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Hey Thanks KBC for your time.. the job has started today.. off to get materials.. I pretty much just needed a ball park on pricing.. the rest I have experience with.. appreciate your time.
    -Neil
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Comment on Rousella's post
    Rousella,I am not sure you saw that this post is more than 9 months old,the roof most likely has been replaced long ago.

Please look into the post dates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Changes in estimates [ 3 Answers ]

My teacher doesn't teach us anything in class and I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out some of my homework problems. If you could help me and show me how you were able to come to the answer for this problem I would greatly appriciate it! Vandross Company has recorded bad debt expense in...

Heating Estimates [ 9 Answers ]

Here are my 4 estimates from southern Ohio contractors - None of them did a manual J that I know of. Goodman 3T LP gas 95 eff - 2200 Goodman ARUF Air Handler 374316 3T - $2150 Goodman 3T 14 SEER Heat Pump - $2200 Or Amana 14 SEER 3T Heat Pump - $3550 Or Tempstar LP DLX95 Heat Pump - $4850

Fair estimates [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, There are 2 things I need a plumber for in my kitchen. A local unemployed plumber (non-union) said he could help me out, but won't give me an answer about paying him... he's leaving it up to my discretion. I don't expect him to work for free, so I'd like to know a fair amount to give him. ...

IB Roofing (pvc) vs. CertianTeed Roofing [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between these two roofing materials. I am in charge of having a roof replaced for our city council. We have had several contractors come in and give us estimates and its down between these two. Both are at the same cost. This is going on a building with a flat...

View more questions Search