Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PenpuinPerson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Puked black grainy liquid "coffee grounds"
    After a night of drinking all of my vomit was black and grainy. I don't really drink that much or "binge" even. This has only happened once and I feel fine. I definitely didn't eat anything black (just taco bell haha)

After I puked I had a sharp pain on my right side. Does anyone have any idea why my vomit was black and grainy?

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 05:02 PM

Black grainy vomit usually means blood included. A client of mine just recently had vomit that was black and grainy and his diagnoses was upper GI(gastro intestinal)bleed.

You could have drank too much and done some harm to your stomach, the pain coming from the right side of your intestines meaning that is where it was localized.

I am not diagnosing you. That would be impossible to do not knowing your present medical conditions or meds that you are on.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 05:03 PM
    See a doctor as soon as possible. You need to have this diagnosed and treated.

Dec 12, 2009, 05:05 PM

I don't have any other symptoms. Is it possible that this could just happen once and it will pass?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 05:08 PM
    You very well could have an ulcer. You NEED to have this checked out by a doctor.

Dec 12, 2009, 05:13 PM

Ive looked up ulcers online but I don't understand what they are or how they are caused. On wikipedia it said they can be cause by bacteria but I don't know why or how that would have happened. If I DO have something what kind of treatment could I expect?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who Sings a Song I Heard in the movie, "Black and Blue"? [ 33 Answers ]

Okay, here's the story. My husband and I watched a movie called, "Black and Blue" starring Mary Stuart Masterson and Anthony LaPaglia. Anyway, towards the end of the movie there is a song playing on the radio and I'm pretty sure I've heard it before but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere...

My monitor is black with message, "in save power mode." [ 1 Answers ]

My monitor comes on but then screen goes black. When I press the button on the front there is a message "running in power save mode, press any key or move mouse If I press a key or move the mouse, nothing happens. The screen stays black. What does this mean and can I do anything to fix it? ...

View more questions Search