Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinaf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2004, 12:01 AM
    Shower timer
    Hi I googled shower timer and ended up here. Do you know of any instance where someone has installed a water timer above the showerhead for disabled person with upper body strength issues? Already tried putting a lever on the shower faucet and can't change the whole shower fixture. Seems like pushing a button would be the best solution. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2004, 06:33 AM
    Re: shower timer
    Did your Goggle search take you to the recently posted question here on shower timers?  https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cgi-bi...num=1087096830

In that answer Tom suggested adapting a timer meant for lawn sprinkling to a shower.  I think it would mean removing the short, bent pipe usually coming out of the wall and installing the timer ahead of it.  I think the thread next to the shower head is a special thread that may not fit anything except shower heads.  

I didn't think I could add anything, so did not answer that question.  If you need more details on the plumbing, post back and Tom or I will help you.

This sounds like it should work.  More and more technology is available for those needing it.  I am more aware of devices to aid the visually impaired, but learning more about other needs.  

I am heavilly involved with service dogs, and am not sure where to find out about other technology.  
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 20, 2004, 07:02 AM
    IRe: shower timer
    Labman directed you to one of my earlier answers. You may use a mechanical timer or a electronic one. Let me give you a few more sites to check out. www.showermanager.com/?src=K2DG.com/xtnet, and www.showertimer.com.au
    If none of those fill the bill click on back and we'll go exploring. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower hot water timer [ 9 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me if there is any kind of shower timer that would turn off the hot water after a certain time limit, e.g. 5 or 10 minutes. Is there anything like this that could be installed on a regular shower so that showers could be limited to a certain time.

Furnace Fan Timer [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for assistance on how to install a timer on a low voltage gas forced air (with a/c) system so that the blower fan can be set to come on at certain times and off at others, while still being automatically controlled as needed by the system.

Tax Questions - First timer here [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Atlanta Expert and other members of this forum. This is my first post in this forum and I need help with some Tax questions. Background Indian citizen Worked on F1/OPT for company X in Virginia - Feb 14 2005 - April 20, 2005 Worked on F1/OPT for company Y in California - May 2 2005 - Sep...

View more questions Search