Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonnyb1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 01:00 PM
    Wiring Help room thermostat
    Hi all am new here so pleasebare with me

Am trying to fit a new room thermostat

I have a smashed up honey well room thermostat (I have no idea off age its biege looking)
    I have just bought a cheep £10 wicks one but am unsure of the wires

There's a red blue and yellow but I have no idea which is live etc

Can any one help do you need more info?

Cheers

Jon:confused:
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 09:13 PM
    See the posts on top of the list, called "sticky"? One of those posts tells you what all those thermostat wires do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

HI guys, iv'e got a trane xl 80 2 stage gas furnace and trane xe 1100 air condit.the tstat is a trane mod taystat241 . Wired as this-- Y1--yello--W1--white--W2--Blue--G1--green--R--red, The new t-stat is a honewell mod RTH7400. The instr say if my old t-stat had Y1--W1---andW2 --wires to get ...

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing an old thermostat - a honeywell clock system - with a new programmable unit. The wiring coming out of the wall is 2 orange wires and two blue wires, but none of the ports on the old thermostat are labeled, so I can't figure out what is what. My system is heat only, older fifties oil...

Please Help!-thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 wires coming out of the wall: blue, yellow, red, white, and green. My thermostat only has 2 wires: red and black. How do I wire them to make my Central Air work?

HELP! Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought an older house and are in the process of replacing 1960's wood paneling with drywall. The thermostat had been "painted" onto the paneling (many times over). After I removed the screws, I had to pry the t'stat away from the wall, which caused the wires to become dislodged from their...

Need help with Thermostat wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I am having trouble figuring out the wiring for a new programmable thermostat installation. I am replacing a RobertShaw 9420 thermostat. I bought Honeywell RTH7500D programmable thermostats to replace it because I wanted a programmable thermostat. I have central AC and a heat pump. The curret...

View more questions Search