Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherman123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 06:58 AM
    My 1988 honda accord will not idle is there a quick easy fix for this
    My 1988 honda will not idle when warm we have rebuilt the carb. Replaced vacuum lines and still when it gets warm the engine wants to die it runs good when you are driving it. It only dies when you are idleing.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2009, 08:39 AM

Thoughts:

The problem is likely with the idle circuit of the carburetor. When the engine is hot, is the choke pointing straight up and down? If not, check or replace the choke pulloff. Did you gently seat the idle adjusting screws and then back them out the proper number of revolutions (1-1/2?)? Make final adjustment later.

Did you remove and thoroughly clean the carburetor, blow it out with compressed air, and install a complete rebuild kit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 1988 honda accord and it idels at a low rpm what can I do to fix it [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 honda accord and it idles at a low rpm

1988 honda accord intake [ 1 Answers ]

My 88 accord seems to be leaking antifreeze from under the intake. There seems to be some sort of a plug there. (very hard to reach your hand in there). Does anyone know or has had the same trouble?

Rough idle on 1988 accord [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 1988 accord,and it idles terrible.I have installed the following items to correct of no avail=new cap(distributer),wires,pcv valve,adjust timing,fuel filters ,heard problem could be,vac. Leak=i can't find one,and now another possible solution the ignitor? Could I ask does...

Honda accord 2.0i 1988 [ 5 Answers ]

When stationary engine surges between 1000rpm and 1800rpm can anybody advise me as to what's causing this problem does not surge when driven normaly.thanks.

View more questions Search