Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hearts4vicky Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 10:17 PM
    Are refurbished homes for real or a scam
    I was looking for a house to rent so I went on craigslist and found this ad for a refurbished house but how can I tell if it is a scam or for real?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 12:00 AM

It would really depend on the details. If it says something about things you can't just look and see, like pipes or electrical stuff, you might need a professional if you suspected things weren't right. If it says new carpeting and cabinets and you go and look and it's all worn out, well, it's obviously not new.is that what you meant by scam?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2009, 07:06 AM

Hello h:

Even if you find a house that isn't refurbished, you need to hire a home inspector. THAT is the guy you trust - not the seller.

excon

PS> I notice that you're a tenant, not a buyer... What do you care about it being refurbished or not?? If it's clean and has heat and water, do you really care whether that wall over there is new?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 09:08 AM

Since you are just planning to rent this home call the number and inspect the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real or scam [ 11 Answers ]

Need to find out if a business called Bunge Evaluation and Marketing Services is real or scam. It employs secret shoppers. The have sent me a check for 3,160. For training purposes and purchases. I applied a very long time ago to a secret shopper, but it has been so long ago that I can't remember...

REAL ESTATE ( lost homes, but still paying rent to the bank) [ 1 Answers ]

My mom moved into a Duplex house on July which she paid rent and a deposit of 1200.00 = 2400.00. The owner lost the house in July 16, 2008 but a broker came and talk to my mom and told her that the houses were lost and that the bank was going to be in charge of them. The Broker asked her if she...

Is g-investment.us/ real or scam [ 2 Answers ]

Please can anyone enlighten me about the g-investment.us/ business, is it forex based? Is it real or scam?

Real Estate law on Manufactured homes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a manufactured home in Floirda with the loan in just my name. The land it sits on is in my ex husbands and my name. We were already divorced at the time we purchased the manufactured home. The bank is threatening to repo it. Would I still be responsibe for the balance of the loan...

View more questions Search