Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimberlyt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 07:59 PM
    Can you get car insurance if your under 18
    My daughter will be getting her drivers licsense soon, she will be 17 1/2. Is it possible for her to get car insurance under her name? I do not drive, nor does her father, so there is no one to put her insurance under.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2009, 08:11 PM

Yes but you will have to sign with ( for her) since at 17 she still can not sign a legal contract. Also you will still be responsible for a lot of her actions.
    Shobirhamidi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 01:29 AM
    I just turn 17 and am looking to buy a car. I was wondering where and how I can get a loan for about 10000 to buy a car
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2011, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shobirhamidi View Post
    I just turn 17 and am looking to buy a car. I was wondering where and how I can get a loan for about 10000 to buy a car
    Being that young I would hope you have some kind of downpayment (at least 25%) and a good job. Don't expect a lot of banks or loan companies rushing to give you a car loan. Do you have anyone to cosign for you on the car? That would help you get the car. You may have to settle for a less expensive car as well as $10K is a lot of money to lend to an untried credit risk like you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Repair [ 2 Answers ]

How much would it cost for a head gasket to repaired on a 1993 Diamante?

Car accident -driver in front put her car in reverse and smashed me [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting in my car at a red light. Traffic was heavy-ish. Suddenly- very suddenly and out of nowhere my car and the car in front of me collided with an enormous impact. I was stunned. I was shocked and confused. Prior to impact my car was absolutely stationary! My chest area ( heart) ,...

Car pulls when ac is on [ 2 Answers ]

So I have a 93 honda del sol and every time I turn on the ac I notice the loss of power and my car starts to pull why does it do that? Thank you

My car coughs! Why? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Grand Prix GT with a 3800 series 2 motor. When the temp reaches between 195 to 210 at idel it will flutter or cough, and about 1 out of every 10 of those flutters or coughs it will die. I have tried what I believe is to be just about everything, but am looking for help in solving this...

Car accident with no insurance [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Bradenton Florida, I had a car accident in 2005 , it was my fault, I wasn't high speeding but I was on a phone call , didn't realize the light turned red and ipassed it, I hit a car which the car didn't have big damage and the person who was driving just got some scratched , I didn't have...

View more questions Search