Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babysony Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 02:27 PM
    How to lose weight!
    Hi I'm really short like 5ft and I'm 53kgs in weight my bmi is 22.8 so it is in the healthy range however, I look fat! I have a flabby tummy big thighs chubby cheeks. I cannot exercise much although I'm on my feet all day and have enough collage work. I'm 17 and want to start getting fit and diet.

How should I get about this?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 03:19 PM

You don't need to exercise per say. If you spend 20 to 60 minutes a day (without an excessive break) moving briskly you will increase your metabolism, heart rate, and general health. You don't need a trainer or work out center. Just a fast walk, light jog, swimming laps, etc. Anything that gets your heart rate above normal and keeps it there a while will help your body.

If you want to target specific parts of your body, then I would suggest you do a crash course in A&P and read a couple of work out magazines. They will tell you which types of exercises will target which muscles.

Given your information, you don't need to loose weight. You are at a healthy body weight. But increasing your heart rate will strengthen your body as a whole. Studies indicate that general exercise will help your increase your metabolism, boost your immune system, and increase your longevity at anything physical.

As far as dieting, there is no secret. If you take approximately the amount of calories you use in a day, then you can't gain weight. You want a balanced amount of everything. Centering on just one food, just because it is a health food does nothing for your body. You may be giving it what it needs in one area, but depriving it in another.

Remember the food pyramid your learned in grade school? It is right. That balance is accurate. If you are a small person you probably don't need as much as is suggested, but is also dependent on your metabolism.

Be wary of precooked meals. They may have some of the items listed on the food pyramid, but if you read on you will find they are usually loaded with things that can be harmful if consumed in large amounts, such as fats and salts. These things aren't bad in it of itself, but only if overused. Also most precooked meals tend to be lacking essential vitamins and minerals. Your best source of vitamins and minerals are from raw whole fruits and vegetables.

Don't worry about your weight exactly. Try keeping a chart of your body weight and general measurements. Test yourself weekly to see what kind of progress you've made and to see if you are doing something wrong. Count calories, start at a minimum of 2000 throughout out the day. If you find that that's too much, given your exercise and general habits, your measurements are getting bigger (not muscle) then lower it by a couple of hundred. If you find yourself void of energy and weak, raise it by a couple of hundred.

Also remember that there is no substitute for water. Drink regularly and often. It flushes bad stuff out and is essential for a healthy cellular balance. Remember you're 70% water, not Gatorade. Sleep is also very important. Lack of it can cause all sorts of problems, even weight gain or loss.

Any questions, just post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

How to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

Umm I'm 15 and I weight 205 pounds!! I'm 5'7 and I need to lose weight fast and lots HELP ME!!

Trying to lose the weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I start school in 4 weeks.My goal is to lose 50-60 pounds(if possible). School pictures are in 2 weeks and I want to lose 20-30 pounds by then. When school comes around I want to look and feel better about myself. I recently weighed myself and I am 150 pounds. I was never that heavy In my...

Will I lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I do a 45 min run everyday and on a good food diet I do just about 7 miles in 45 and I'm 6ft 1 and 14 stone

Lose Weight [ 2 Answers ]

Im 12 and I feel fat . I weigh 7 stone and I am about 5ft. Do I need to lose weight ?

View more questions Search