Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simba_labrador Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 01:04 PM
    New puppy not eating or drinking
    I'm wondering why my 45 day old puppy is not being active. He sleeps through the day and keeps the family awake at night. Sometimes in the evening, he does not eat his food and in the middle of the night he will whine because he is hungry. I got my puppy on Dec 5th. The only time he is active is when wakes up because he needs to go to the bathroom; he races around the garden.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 6, 2009, 01:24 PM

Puppies grow when they sleep. Same as human babies. They are like babies and trying to figure everything out. He is still quite young at 45 days as you can imagine. If he is picky with his food its either because he is trying to figure that out too, or he doesn't like what you are giving him. Is it dog food designed for young puppies ? If he is not drinking, that is serious, or you never see him drinking may be the case. Keep a close eye on him and let us know how he is doing from day to day.

You will have to make a vet appt. for your pup soon to have him checked over so you know when to take him back in for his vaccinations.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2009, 04:39 PM

6 weeks is very young to have a puppy.

Did you buy this puppy or adopt?

How many meals are you giving a day and what are you feeding?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rescued puppy not eating or drinking well [ 3 Answers ]

A dog just had puppy in a burnt down house across the street from my new house. It's the runt, mabey 5-6 weeks old. Made its way all the way to my front door. It was INFESTED with ticks and fleas. We took it to the vet, got it a worm pill and some meds for the fleas and ticks. We pulled off over...

Puppy not eating or drinking (got bit and had surgery) [ 5 Answers ]

My 4 month old puppy just got bit by our neighbor's dog last Friday. He was playful before and now he's scared of literally everything! And the problem is... he stopped drinking ever since. But he had some soft canned food the day after but stopped eating too after that. We were starting to...

Newbie puppy owner.drinking,eating,vaccinations? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy! =] im only 17 and did to much moving around to actually sit down and raise a little puppy of of my own at first my little one wasnt eating or drinking but i learned that its just because she was new to the environment wich is true (for n e one thats having the same...

New puppy not eating or drinking [ 12 Answers ]

We got a new 8 week old Malte-Poo Puppy yesterday, brought her home and she had plenty of energy, was eating, drinking, urinating and pooping regularly. Today however she still has plenty of energy but will not eat or drink. She has urinated 4 times and pooped 2 times. Should we be concerned? I...

8 week old puppy not eating but drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought home an 8 week old Scottish Terrier puppy from a very loving breeder. I'm not sure if he's just too young or what's going on. He ate the first night I brought him home and now he hasn't eaten in the past two days. He drinks plenty of water and is piddling but short of force...

View more questions Search