Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yredmon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Noisy kitchen aid dishwasher
    My elderly father-in-law has a very old Kitchen Aid dishwasher that has been used almost daily for over 25 years. It has started making a noice in the motor area, perhaps like worn bearings. This model has replaceable wooden door panels and the newer models don't accommodate the same size panels to match his cabinetry. Is this motor fixable or replaceable? I don't have the model number right now, but can get it if needed.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 6, 2009, 10:16 AM

You can contact Kitchem aide at KitchenAidŽ: Welcome to KitchenAid.com to see if parts are available. Personally I would not bother trying to fix a machine of this vintage. All of thhe other parts will still be 25 years old, long outside the expected life of a dishwasher.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Aid Dishwasher - Water Level in tub [ 1 Answers ]

Have had new dishwasher installed. How can I tell how much water should be in the tub? I have looped the outlet hose under the counter as the user instructions say so it doesn't siphon yet it doesn't appear that there is enough water in the tub for the spray arms to rotate. The water float level is...

Noisy Kitchen Drain [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink drain seems to be flowing freely however, after the water has drained from the sink there is an annoying sound... ploop ploop ploop ploop ploop... for about 2-3 minutes. The drain wa snaked but the noise persists. Any ideas? Thank you.

Noisy dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Frigidaire dishwasher that is just over a year old. It is not making a loud humming/vibrating noise when it drains. It seems to be working fine, the dishes are coming out clean, it's just that loud humming noise. I want to find out what is wrong, my husband says that as long as it...

Noisy kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Our kitchen faucet has separate hot/cold knobs, with the faucet extending from wall, no sprayer. Recently, there is a loud knocking/rattling that comes and goes when using HOT water. The water pressure seems to surge/reduce in time with the sounds. Noise is limited to faucet itself- other...

View more questions Search