Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grd1982 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 11:47 PM
    No power to distributor
    2000 sentra won't start. Cranks fine plenty of power there. I have replaced distributor, crank position sensor, plugs, ecu, and ruled out timing chain, fuel pump, relays, fuses. This car is really pissing me off. I have NO voltage to the distributor at all, however when I bridge a wire from the positive side of the fuse box to the distibutor coil harness I am able to get the thing started (runs crappy but starts - nothing that's really road worthy though) HELP! What else could it be??
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2009, 09:38 AM

Replace the ignition switch. This link may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560
    grd1982 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 04:52 PM

Thanks but I don't believe it's the ignition switch since I am able to get the car cranking. I am pulling codes p1320 and p0505...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2009, 06:29 PM

. P0505 - IAC-AAC Valve

. P1320 - Ignition Signal. Likely coil related problem. Check the ECCS wiring harness for a broken or damaged wire. If the ECCS harness has a broken or damaged wire that is causing the problem, repair the harness and verify the incident is resolved. If the ECCS harness does not have a broken or damaged wire and isn't causing the problem, replace ignition coil(s).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distributor box [ 1 Answers ]

How do I take out the distributor box on a 94 honda civic ex?

92-92 civic no power to the fuel pump and no power or spark to the distributor [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 92-95 civic si. I am not getting any power to the fuel pump and no spark to the distributor. I have check all my sensors and have replaced the distributor. Checked the continuity to the distributor and all checks out good. I also have checked all grounds and all checked out all so....

Distributor [ 6 Answers ]

I need to remove my igniter so do need to remove my distrubetor from 1988 honda civic lx, and do I have to realing the timing. Thank you

91 accord distributor on 92 ? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I have a 94 prelude I just put a 91 accord motor in but I used the prelude wiring harness (h23 dohc) so it's the samething as a 92 accord harness . The 91 has a internal coil and 92 has external and that's what I need but I was told that I could use the 91 but I would have to leave the coil...

View more questions Search