Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    story-love Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Tattoos
    I got a tattoo two days ago, any ideas on how to keep it from getting an infection? Mines on my lower back, its very sore I still can't sit back with out it sore :( any help would be great thanks
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2009, 03:07 AM

Tattoos will hurt for days after getting it done, after the pain comes the itching and peeling.

Use an antiseptic cream on your tattoo a couple of times a day and avoid wearing clothing that will rub on the area (no high trousers or tight tops)

When it starts to scab over DO NOT pick at it, just let it heal naturally, if you pick at or rub the skin it can cause faded patches in the tattoo/
    story-love Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2009, 12:18 PM

But when I rub the cream on the scabs come off?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2009, 12:15 AM

Don't actually rub it in hard... I applied cream to mine very gently and had no problems.

I am unsure if it's available in the US but I used Bepanthen cream, it is an antiseptic cream used on babies for diaper rash.

Mine are sort of on my stomach/hips so it was right on my pants line! I had to wear sweat pants for a few days then switched to jeans but with a padded swab over the tattoo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How know about arabic tattoos? [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I would like to put arabic tattoo with the word meaning God.but I can't find site with translation.can somebody help me about the site or translate me. Thanks

Should tattoos itch? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got a tattoo on my foot August 2007 and now everyonce in awhile it will itch like hell, is this normal or is something wrong?:confused:

Tattoos (sin?) [ 150 Answers ]

The question for me personally. I would like to know everybodies opinion, thoughts and even biblical response to this question. Question is, is it a sin to get tattoos. Is it forbidden? Is there anything wrong with getting tattoos and if there is anything wrong with it? I have thought...

First Tattoos [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering, is it wise to get 2 tattoos at once? I'm not talking about huge ones or anything, just one along the small of my back and one on my wrist. I'm only asking because they will be my first tattoos and I want to know if because of that I should just get them done one at a...

Dog tattoos [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently taken in a lost Doxie. He has numbers tattooed on his tummy. Do you know what for?

View more questions Search