Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacymica Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Dec 3, 2009, 07:37 PM
    For golden girl, it's a new day or brown deceit,
    Hi
    Need some help. Saw that your responses and they seemed to be the most helpful.
    I want to lighten 4 shades.(I'm gabrielle union's color want to be megan good's color or a little lighter). Which creams do you suggest?:o
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Dec 3, 2009, 08:42 PM
    I'm in love with the 55H+ line at the moment. It's natural and steroid free. I've just started using their extreme lightening serum and I really like it. But I usually use their Glycerine. Their products work for me. But for some people... They get no results. It's a natural line. So. Yeah. I love it. Works great for me! For others... Not so much? I think only 1 or 2 other people on this board have gotten great results and many have tried them. Also I use retin A peels. I don't mix my retin a with HQ because HQ burns my skin but I'm too scared to try an acid people so I use Retin A peels when I can. Hope helps you.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 10:40 PM

I'm currently using hq 4%, retin-a 0.05%, likas papaya soap 3x weekly, neutrogena sunblock spf 70+, liquid vitamin c 1,000 mg (I'll be adding MSM soon). So far I'm up 2.5 shades. Before this I used makari night crème along with diana stalder papaya kojic soap and I lightened about 3.5 or maybe 4 shades, then stopped and redarkened. Some people get outbreaks from this due to the high amounts of hydrogenated oils, silicones, and/or caviar from the caviar crème. I did get a zit here and there, but no outbreaks.

Dec 3, 2009, 11:25 PM

Has anyone been questioning you? Has your face stopped peeling? Has your trainer said anything to you against? Congrats on your success! 2.5 shades not bad at allllll!
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 11:49 PM

Thanks! Oh yes, my skin does not peel like it had before, it peels a little sometimes in small areas but its not noticeable. My complexion is even and I'm happy the ugly stage is finally over! I know I would have lightened more than 2.5 shades by now, but I had slowed down to using it everyother night because I was getting lighter so fast. I want people to not notice my lightening progress and I didn't want a bleached out look. My skin isn't red anymore either. My goal is to reach 5 shades by February.

No my trainer hasn't said anything, accept when I showed him some of my pics a few weeks ago, when I was living in Ethiopia 2 years ago. He noticed I was more tanned and he said I should go back to get my color back. I know he meant it as a compliment, but I ignored his comment because he goes after the yellow and "red boned" colored girls. He'll soon realize I'm the same shade of him or lighter in a few months time... lmao!!
    blkini84 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 01:03 AM

So golden girl would you say diana stalder's and likas are about the same?
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 02:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blkini84 View Post
    so golden girl would you say diana stalder's and likas are about the same?
    They are quite similar and are good with exfoliation, but not the same. DS contains kojic and papaya, and Likas contains only papaya. Some prefer one over the other.

Although I like likas price much better since it costs less than half of DS, I prefer DS because I like the arouma and it wasn't as harsh and likas stings my eyes too much, although the harshness could be because I'm using the retin-a along w/ likas, unlike DS I didn't. Also, I like how I can easily cut the ds with a knife to make it last longer due to the glycerine base. And some prefer Likas more, so you can choose either one.

Dec 4, 2009, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    thanks! oh yes, my skin does not peel like it had before, it peels a little sometimes in small areas but its not noticeable. my complexion is even and I'm happy the ugly stage is finally over! I know I would have lightened more than 2.5 shades by now, but I had slowed down to using it everyother night b/c I was getting lighter so fast. I want people to not notice my lightening progress and I didnt want a bleached out look. my skin isnt red anymore either. My goal is to reach 5 shades by february.

no my trainer hasnt said anything, accept when I showed him some of my pics a few weeks ago, when I was living in Ethiopia 2 years ago. he noticed I was more tanned and he said I should go back to get my color back. I know he meant it as a compliment, but I ignored his comment b/c he goes after the yellow and "red boned" colored girls. He'll soon realize I'm the same shade of him or lighter in a few months time...lmao!!!
    What a mother effing dumbass. As if he glorifies anything other than lighter skinned women. I would have been terribly irritated. And yes. Lol he WILL be in for a shock come feb. and yeah. It's good you're doing it gradually too. Has your family said anything yet? Even though you're doing it gradually so outside people won't notice, but usually family notices everything because well. They know you. Lol

Dec 4, 2009, 02:02 PM

Thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate it. Its not like I can walk up to anyone and ask that type of question.
    Brown deciet- I'll try the 55h+extreme lightening serum. But do you mind if I ask your results, how long it took, and if you used it on face and/or body.
    Golden girl- I tried mikari products before but not for long I didn't see any difference. It's really true that what works for some doesn't work for others. And that would have perfect since I want to lighten 4 shades.

Dec 4, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Golden girl do you get your 4% hq from a doctor.I wouldn't mind using hq but I'm darker brown, I'm hesitate to use straight hq because I think the darker a person is the redder it makes them. I don't like that red/raw bleached look.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 02:34 PM

You can buy 4% and other high hq 5, 10,20,40% hq off the internet just do a Google search, I have used high hq in the past with good results
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    what a mother effing dumbass. as if he glorifies anything other than lighter skinned women. I would have been terribly irritated. And yes. lol he WILL be in for a shock come feb. and yeah. It's good you're doing it gradually too. has your family said anything yet? even though you're doing it gradually so outside people wont notice, but usually family notices everything because well. they know you. lol
    Lol... well I take it all in stride, as you know that's quite common in the States anyway. My fam haven't mentioned anything recently, I know they'll still notice but it wouldn't be a Sammy surprise, I'm sure I'll hear a lot from them by spring.

Stacymica it's good to keep your options open, as there are several things for you to try. I know of darker tones who also use hq/ra and have good results when done gradual. You may consider trying fair & white exclusive whitenizer gel and their soap, there are members who are also using this with and without retin-a.

Dec 6, 2009, 12:37 PM

Who is reputable website for hq 4%. I have come across a lot of websites but I unsure of which ones are legitimate.
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stacymica View Post
    who is reputable website for hq 4%. i have come across alot of websites but i unsure of which ones are legitimate.
    Alldaychemist or superskinstore, you can check through Google.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from red to light golden brown [ 3 Answers ]

My hair in naturally dark brown, I have for the past 2 yrs had my hair dyed red. It hasn't been re-dyed since sept/oct 2008 and I want to take the leftover red out and go to a light golden brown, I also have natural red highlights. How woulld I go about doing so? Any feedback will be greatly...

GOLDEN GIRL this one is for you [ 1 Answers ]

Golden girl what kind of liquid vit c do you use and is the liquid better than capsules, also have you heard of vitb5 for acne?

Is light golden brown a good color to put on over-highlighted hair? [ 1 Answers ]

My hair was bleached and is now a brassy yellow color. Is it a good idea for me to use a light golden brown color to get back a dirty blonde or light brown color?

Med Red Hair to Med Golden Brown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is the best way to get Med. Golden Brown hair if my hair is Red without the color coming out color coming out orange? Would it be necessary to strip the red out first? Thank you

From light golden brown w/ highlights to a darker brown [ 3 Answers ]

I know this seems like the easiest hair dye project out there.. but my question is about base colors and levels... My friend has light brown/golden hair with highlights and she wants a darker brown. She had it dyed and it wasn't dark enough for her, and it faded pretty fast. My other friend had...

View more questions Search