Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puddz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 05:37 AM
    The wrights of a step father getting contact of the child
    I got with mt ex partner when she was 4 months pregnant an was wit her until lucas my step child was 3 months old do I have any writes for contact as I class him as my own
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by puddz View Post
    i got with mt ex partner when she was 4 months pregnent an was wit her untill lucas my step child was 3 months old do i have any writes for contact as i class him as my own
    Who is listed on the birth certificate as the child's legal father? If you did not legally adopt the child, then you unfortunately have no legal right to see him. Were you and the mother ever married?

I can relate to what you're going through; I'm a stepmother and it scares me to think that if something ever happened to my husband, I wouldn't have the right to see my stepchildren ever again unless their mother allowed it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 02:40 PM

You use the term ex partner. Were you married or not ? If you weren't married you weren't the step father.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2009, 04:18 PM

Not enough information, and really poor english. Are you from the US , Canada or where, this is a international site and laws from Poland would be different than the US.

If you were not married to her,
    If you never adopted the child

Then you have no rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step Father and child support [ 9 Answers ]

I'm in a situation that is similar. I'm the step father of three children and both of their fathers are not paying child support. My wife goes to school and work but she makes less than 1500 a month. I'm basically is responsible for all the expense of the 3 kids. (Medical, glasses, school,...

Step father & Child Support [ 35 Answers ]

My fiancée was ordered to pay child support (and put the child on his insurance) for a child that is not biologically his. I have done my research for family law in NYC and have found no law forcing a step parent to pay for a child that is not biologically theirs. My fiancée married the ex when...

Step-Father Signed both Prenup and Postnup Agreements to Support Step-Child [ 6 Answers ]

My husband signed both a prenuptial and a post-nuptial agreement to educate, maintain and support my children, his step-children. My husband sued me and my children (his step-children) over the agreements several years back but changed his mind and signed a release of all claims, an agreed...

Does a step father pay child support. [ 13 Answers ]

My wife wants to end our marriage and has a 13 year old daughter living with us of whome I have had no relationship and or allowed to have a say in her journey to adulthood. My wife gets child support from the real father, so do I still pay child support after our marriage is over.

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search