Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sseager Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Carrier 58gp blower will run then off then on for 2 seconds
    Cycles through fine then blower powers off then back on for 2 seconds then back off?

Dec 1, 2009, 10:20 AM

Fan blower switch?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 01:04 PM
    It is possible the blower fan control is the problem. The furnace residual heat is reactivating the blower more than likely.

Dec 4, 2009, 09:45 AM

Thank you hvac1000 - all seeing eye.

Question, if I replace the circuit board would that fix the problem. i.e. "blower fan control" located on the circuit board?

PS I have an a extra board on site.

Dec 4, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Keep a copy for your use.

http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...8gp,gs-2si.pdf

I see no specific fan temperature sensing control on this unit so it must be controlled off the board.

Dec 6, 2009, 02:27 PM

I have 2 of these Carrier units in my house one up and one down stairs.

I switched the limit switch located in the baffles that senses the temp of the baffles from the one that was working properly with the one that was not. Result same problem - blower on off on off on then finally off.

Replaced circuit board and it fixed the problem.

Thank you again hvac1000 for your time and interest in my problem.

You can do it we can help...

Dec 6, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Glad you got it going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower runs but Heat Pump does not run . [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong AC/Heat pump. It is new and just installed this past summer. The A/C unit worked fine all summer and the heat pump unit worked OK until the outside temperature dropped below 50 degrees. Now the unit won't kick on at all .The blower inside the house kicks on and the thermostat...

Carrier gas furnace model 58ES125-2d pilot comes on for 3 seconds clicks and goes off [ 1 Answers ]

Guys sorry for my ignorance its cold! Carrier 58ES125-2D or 5BES125-2d Pilot comes on for approximately 2-3 seconds clicks shuts off and retries over and over any ideas, may even click as it goes on? Thanks I cleaned it with steel wool and light sand paper, same thing pilot starts and goes out...

Blower came on for a few seconds then shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a central Air and heat system. The I turned the heat on and the blower came on for a few seconds then shut off. It came on again for a few seconds and shut off and is not turning on at all. I am guessing it is the fan limit switch. It's a Honeywell switch. How can I troubleshoot this...

Outside Blower kicks on for 5 seconds then goes off for 10 seconds [ 1 Answers ]

I've looked all over this forum for something like this, but nothing I've see quite nails my problem so If I missed it, sorry. Here it goes... My outside blower comes on for about 5 seconds when my thermostat activates for the heat. With furnace still on the blower shuts off for 10 seconds and...

View more questions Search