Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tatgal1313 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 09:39 PM
    Printing ! >: [
    The Police booked me for printing on the 13th of this month. I just started my first day on the job today, and I am not ALLOWED to take time off at all. I will get fired.No exceptions. My partner is on ODSP (which covers only our groceries and car insurance) and my new job will be the ONLY source of income we have. We've also got two young kids, one is a special needs child (medical and learning disabilities). They absolutely refused to switch my printing dates. That means that come January we will be moving to a shelter (you can't get into housing for at least 2 years and they don't do special cases anymore) Are they allowed to just refuse a reschedule like that? It's very hard to find work here atm, and even if I applied for assistance I would only get 575$ a month( for a family of 4) which really is nothing. Not even half my rent and that's the most they can possibly give me and that is supposed to cover my family's shelter and basic needs.

Is there ANY thing at all I can do to make them reschedule my printing?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 10:06 PM

I wouldn't hold out much hope of making the police department change their mind. They have rules and they are not likely to make exceptions. I'm more curious about you not being allowed to take time off work at all. Is this only during a probationary period? Are you saying that if you were sick and unable to come into work you would be fired? What sort of place are you working at?
    tatgal1313 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 08:52 AM

I'm working at a VERY small residential cleaning service. I'm not on payroll for the first 3 months. Only exception is if I'm hospitalized. And that I have to prove with my wrist band and a letter from the hospital which I can't get. Unfortunately that is the only work that is available in my area.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 09:26 AM

You were booked for printing. Please explain what printing is. I don't understand the term.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 09:40 AM

Hello t:

If you are to go in for FINGERPRINTING on the 13th, just go after work. The cops are OPEN 24 hours a day. You can call 'em and tell 'em when you'll be in. They won't send the SWAT team after you.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello t:

If you are to go in for FINGERPRINTING on the 13th, just go after work. The cops are OPEN 24 hours a day. You can call 'em and tell 'em when you'll be in. They won't send the SWAT team after you.

excon
    Duh! I never thought of fingerprinting but when I reread their second post it said they worked for a cleaning service. Now that makes sense to me. You guessed correctly Exie!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printing from web [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I try printing from the web using ie6 I get a bunch of gook printing out

VFP printing [ 2 Answers ]

Frequently, I print a batch of 1000+ sheets at a time using VFP report writer to an HP black & white laser printer Each sheet has a large graphics (jpeg) on it. When printing the batch, if I could download the graphics to the printer, and when the next document prints, instead of the computer...

Printing Favorites [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Internet Explorer 6. Is it possible to print out my Favorites showing the website addresses?

View more questions Search