Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheilacook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 06:22 PM
    Why does my permanent hair dye always wash out
    Every time I dye my hair, with permanent dye, it washes out in 5 washes. What can I do to keep the dye in?
    sheilacook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 06:24 PM

How do I get my hair dye to stay?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 09:35 PM

Interestingly, demi-permanents are often more permanent on porous hair than "permanent" dyes. It has to do with the size of the molecules and the ability of the molecules to get into the hair. On virgin hair, demi-permanet molecules are too big to get inside. Therefore, it will wash out after 20 shampoos (roughly). On the other hand, if the hair is very porous, the demi-s actually get inside the cuticle and, since they're larger than the "permanent" molecules, it's harder for them to wash out. Fading is, therfore, reduced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you dye your hair 2 times in 1 day? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I dyed my hair to a dark brown color but there is still some blonde patches coming through my mom wants to dye it again but we aren't sure if you can dye it twice in one day so if someone could please tell me if you can or not that would be great and by the way the hair color I used was...

My cat licked hair dye [ 1 Answers ]

My 11 year old daughter and her friend thought it would be a funny idea to dye the tip of our cats tail auburn. They used the Loreal Paris hair dye I have under my sink. Not only is my bathroom completely dyed and ruined, but they both also informed me that the cat was licking its tail while they...

Blonde drying to get hair dye to come out faster. Suggestions ideas? [ 4 Answers ]

hi guys! =] I currently have blonde hair and I dyed it lyke 2 weeks ago and I decided that I want to get my original hair color back which is brunette do you guys have an ideas that would work in order for the hair dye to come out faster?. or for my roots to come out faster?? Thank you for...

Hair dye allergy? [ 2 Answers ]

I colored my hair with the same product that I have been using for years, 8 days after I colored my hair this time, I got very painful sores on one side of my head. I have been to a lot of doctors to try to diagnose this, they all come up with different answers, shingles, infection, lichen panus....

View more questions Search