Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carlg123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Does the 501c3 require the board to be setup in a particular manner
    Does 501c3 require the board to be of a certain size and structure? Does it require that receipts be given for all donations?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 30, 2009, 04:07 PM

The article of incorporation for your 501(c)(3) will have to spell out certain aspects of the board structure in order to be registered in your state, but not in great detail. You shoud be able to find details of what's required on line for your particular state.

Receipts for donations are required for gifts of $250 or greater, but it's good practice to provide them for smaller gifts as well since your donors will need receipts to deduct their donations from their income taxes. Here's some info on what should be included on the receipt: What should be included on a charitable donation receipt?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 17 and need to lose weight is a relatively healthy manner [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a seventeen year old girl with a medium bone structure. I am 5'6 and I weight 160 pounds. Most of my weight is fat, not muscle. I'm very weak. I can't do much as far as push ups and situps. However, I can jog for long ammounts of time. I eat around 2,000 calories everyday and drink water a lot....

501c3 Board of Directors [ 3 Answers ]

I am on the board of directors of a 501c3 corporation. Another member of our board wants to have our website post a link to her website which is a for profit business. I have a problem with this because she is trying to profit her business from our website. Is this legal?

How to retrive data from database in phased manner using jsp [ 1 Answers ]

I want to show data(that are retrived from database) in phased maner in the web browser.I want to say that I have supoose 12 records present in database.first only 4 records are to be shown,then when pressing a "next" button next 4 records to be shown in web browser and so on.

Manner Vs. Matter [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are having an argument whether the phrase goes, "In a matter of speaking" or "In a manner of speaking". Can someone help us solve this war??

501c3 Board activities [ 1 Answers ]

If a State government funds a 501c3 and determines that the Board is not fulfilling its missions statements, can the State dissolve the Board and appoint a new one?

View more questions Search