Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Nov 27, 2009, 08:28 AM
    I love your smokey eyeshadow.I'm not wearing eyesahdow.
    So yesterday. I'm sitting there at Thanksgiving dinner. And my mom is like "Oh honey I love your smokey eyeshadow. Which color did you use?" I'm sitting there looking at her like what the hell are you talking about? I'm like "Mom. I'm not wearing eyeshadow. Um. What in the world are you talking about?" She's like "Yes you are" And then it dawned on me. I've got dark circles now. I looked at the picture on the digital camera from last nights dinner. Yes. My skin looks bright and healthy and it's evened out now. But. I HAVE DARK CIRCLES NOW. Ugh. This sucks. Anyone know any good under eye concealers? I've never had to worry about this before. How frustrating. I'm scared to put any skin bleaching products near my eyes and I think it's best not to. So. Got to deal with this then.
    quantiry Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2009, 09:16 AM

You can complain about it, or you can just enjoy your life and appreciate what you have, it's your choice, if your mom said: "Oh honey I love your smokey eyeshadow. Which color did you use?" and if she wasn't being sarcastic, I don't see the problem.
    afro13queen Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Nov 27, 2009, 11:00 AM

Hmmm... I would go to Sephora and see if the lady there can give you ab under eye test with concealers.. I think anything by MAC is good.. hmmm... Im anxious to see the replies on this too...
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 28, 2009, 11:40 AM
    LOL! I know what you mean!
    My mother saw a pic of someone on her fringe and she asked me who is was, I said that's me! She said I didn't know that was you!
    I looked like I had dark eyeshadow and smudged eyeliner on.

I was looking for a good concealer as well and always wanted to try Prescriptives custom made foundations but they will be going out of business, Estee Lauder their parent company decided it was not making enough money.

The thing is I think they were the only department store brand that mixed colors to your exact shade! I have hard time finding the right shade by myself.
    sweetcaroline Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Nov 28, 2009, 02:51 PM

At thanksgiving I saw so many people with dark sunken undereyes, including teens, it was sad. If you can applying bleach products face, and neck but not the eyes, that can't be safe either. Use something safe all over, without hydroquinone. Like an eye cream. Murad, ddf, research and try and honest brand.

Makeup is not a solution it's just a fake coverup.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 09:27 PM

Clinique and Shiseido are known to have products to treat dark cirles. Sephora also has products for cirles, they may have a shop at your mall. I agree also with using the Mac makeup to conceal the dark areas until they have lightened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/12/fashion/12SKIN.html
    DermatologistSkinCare: Dark Under Eye Circles Products

How to Get Rid of Black Circles Under Your Eyes - wikiHow
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    So yesterday. I'm sitting there at Thanksgiving dinner. And my mom is like "Oh honey I love your smokey eyeshadow. Which color did you use?" I'm sitting there looking at her like what the hell are you talking about? I'm like "Mom. I'm not wearing eyeshadow. Um. What in the world are you talking about?" She's like "Yes you are" And then it dawned on me. I've got dark circles now. I looked at the picture on the digital camera from last nights dinner. Yes. My skin looks bright and healthy and it's evened out now. But. I HAVE DARK CIRCLES NOW. Ugh. This sucks. Anyone know any good under eye concealers? I've never had to worry about this before. How frustrating. I'm scared to put any skin bleaching products near my eyes and I think it's best not to. So. Gotta deal with this then.
    I had the same problem so I used STOBEL LIQUID LOTION by MAC and it worked really well on my dark circles it's a white cream that you apply then you got to apply your foundation over it, worked really well :)
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 29, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Anyone of a good serum to use under the eyes? I heard serums are better to use under the eyes than a cream.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 02:36 PM

It is a serum I should have clerified that and its white in colour so you really got to message it well onto the dark area
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Dec 1, 2009, 09:47 AM

M·A·C Cosmetics | Strobe Liquid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green dress- what color eyeshadow? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm wearing a green dress with silver sparkles on it for homecoming. What color eyeshadow should I wear?

Smokey lease [ 1 Answers ]

My friend signed a lease for an apt last week. She mentioned to the landlord that it smelled like smoke and the landlord said she thought maintenance might have smoked in there while painting/cleaning carpets. After signing her lease, my friend started moving in and the smoke smell got worse. When...

Eyeshadow won't stay [ 1 Answers ]

I've always had a problem with pressed powder eyeshadow staying on my lid. Over the day it wears off and makes a dark line where my crease it. Is there anything that will help it stay where it's supposed to?

Wood stove is smokey [ 5 Answers ]

O.K. now is the time of year I need to take care of this. We moved into our house in Dec. of 2005, and for the past two winter I've had trouble with a downdraft in the small wood stove in the basement. Typically here is what happens after I got the paper and wood set up for a fire. I'll take a...

View more questions Search