Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elmeretta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Recoloring over bleached blonde hair
    How and when do I recolor over bleached blonde hair to my original dark blonde. I need to do it on my own.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 04:06 PM

Basically, it's a re-dye job. You can do it whenever. There's no advantage or disadvantage in waiting.

One thing you need to realize is that even with dark blonde hair, the natural pigment was bleached out and must be replaced. Most hair dyes are formulated with the assumption that they will be used on medium brown hair. When you lighten medium brown hair with hydrogen peroxide, you generate a lot of red. The dye formulators assume that there will be a lot of red present, so they add green to counteract it. In your case, red won't be present, so you'll have to add some in. There are two ways to do that: 1) pre-dye the hair reddish, 2) mix a reddish tint with the tint you're going to use. In either case, you need to do strand tests to make sure you have enough red -- but not too much.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you blend dark blonde roots with bleached blonde hair? [ 4 Answers ]

My hair is naturally medium/dark blonde. I've recently gone gwen-stefani platinum blonde and had toner put in to bring the color down to a more natural color. My roots have grown out for about 5 months now and so are really really noticeable. I Don't want to touch up my roots to match the bottom...

Bleached Hair To Darker Blonde? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey there, I have recently bleached my hair platinmum blonde. It is fabulous but does make me look quite pale in my face. Therefore I need to take my hair down a couple of shades. I have been looking at clairol perefect 10, a neutral medium shade which after some research seems to be the right...

How to dye my hair red from bleached blonde? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyone that can help me with some tips to dye my hair back to red. At this stage it is bleached with peroxcide . I don't want to end up with orange hair. Please help!! :confused:

View more questions Search